PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else use a Tree saddle

+2
Waiting4Fall
Cbigbear
6 posters

Go down

Anybody else use a Tree saddle Empty Anybody else use a Tree saddle

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 pm

I know it is not a ground blind, but I couldn't find a place to put this post.

I seen John Eberhart using one of these in one of his videos a few years ago and I bought one right away. It is more comfortable than any conventional stand I have ever hunted from and it only ways 2lbs. It is fast to set up and you could sit all day. You can move into position to shoot without making a sound or any sudden movement also. All my buddies give me a hard time about my tree diaper as the affectionately call it, but I love the thing. If you are on the fence about buying one, do it.

Back to top Go down

Anybody else use a Tree saddle Empty Re: Anybody else use a Tree saddle

Post by Cbigbear Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am

Being a saddle user figured you might get something usefull out this thread http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1687228.

Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Thank you for the link. I am going to make one of those ropes before season starts. Way better than the strap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:30 pm

62kodiak wrote:I know it is not a ground blind, but I couldn't find a place to put this post.

I moved it for ya. Smile
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:04 am

Yep I'll be using the rope setup with the web. You'll need 11mm climbing rope & 7mm prussic cord & carabiner.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm

This is the first I've ever heard of this "tree saddle"...I like the lightweight, but it doesnt look as comfortable as my climber
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm

All saddle and web users can attest to their comfort. I agree, they do look down right ridiculous given the situation, but they are very comfortable. I sleep in mine, sleeping like a big ol baby in the tree.

Back to top Go down

Post by BOW-up-2009 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 pm

What do you use for a platform? I've got ameristeps on a ratchet strap. Wish I could use screw-in steps.
BOW-up-2009
BOW-up-2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:21 pm

From what I've heard the Guido's Web is just as comfortable as any climber. At 8lbs that's hard to beat. I'll give my officially review Friday when my web gets here.

The jury is still out on the platform. I have some ideas & will report back after some test runs.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Currently I just use whatever screw in steps I have laying around. I really hate screwing in steps though so I am cooking up something for this season. I will make sure to post it when I figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue hunter Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:10 pm

LW ASSASIN! get em while you can

Blue hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by davy2466 Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Greetings all. My first post here. Stumbled on this site looking for info on the Guido's Web - found some great info overall so I registered and bookmarked the site.
I currently use the Green's tree saddle (which later became the Trophyline Tree Saddle) and are now out of production as far as I know. I've used this thing for the last 12 years and love it but, like many others, I'm always looking for ways to be more effective and streamlined (which is why I'm curious about Guido's web). I use Klein arborist spikes to ascend the tree (utilizing the tree saddle safety lanyard, of course), attach my ratchet strap with 5 Ameristep steps (for my platform), cinch it down tight and settle in for a very comfortable hunt. I have spent 8+ hours in this thing and even cat-napped in it. I've always felt much safer with my tree saddle than any stand I've ever used (to include lock-ons, climbers, Swivel-limb, ladder stands and stand-alone box or tripod stands) and the comfort is unmatched IMO.
davy2466
davy2466

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down