PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Land Bowhunters Forum Blood Trail Database

3 posters

Go down

Public Land Bowhunters Forum Blood Trail Database Empty Public Land Bowhunters Forum Blood Trail Database

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:32 pm

*** TO ADD YOUR BLOOD TRAIL VIDEO, CLICK NEW TOPIC ***
*** DO NOT ADD VIDEOS TO THIS THREAD PLEASE ***

I know of nothing like this, anywhere on the internet. Members who film their hunts, myself included, this is an opportunity to set a new standard in Blood Trail education, for bowhunters everywhere!

This will take a bit of extra time, but the educational benefits will be immense! I will be filming (in great detail) all of the blood trails that I create this season, and I will post the videos here.

I hope other members here will join me in creating this, never before seen, bowhunting/blood trailing database. If you choose to participate, please be sure to include in the video the entrance/exit wounds *BEFORE YOU FIELD DRESS THE ANIMAL*.

It would be great if you could add this subforum link in the video description. and state that it's for educational purposes. Direct any complanits to me. Thanks, all the best- Dave.

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com/t1404-public-land-bowhunters-forum-blood-trail-data-base#3708
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Public Land Bowhunters Forum Blood Trail Database Empty Re: Public Land Bowhunters Forum Blood Trail Database

Post by 102 Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Dave...sounds good. I have HOURS of blood trailing on video from years of doing just that.

One thing to remember when filming the B/T is DO NOT WALK WITH THE CAMERA ON. Instead, film, turn camera off, take a few steps, turn back on, repeat. Tell the story as you go but do not walk and film with the camera on. It causes SERIOUS motion sickness for the viewer.

Also, I know this sounds gross, but trust me, it is VERY informational. After filming the entrance/exit wounds, dress the deer and clean up the affected organs a little. Then show the broadhead hole THROUGH the lungs, heart, etc.

I have over 200 entrance exit data bites along with loads of autopsy (necropsy) footage. AND...how far the shot, how far traveled to recovery, type broad head, etc.

Back to top Go down

Public Land Bowhunters Forum Blood Trail Database Empty Re: Public Land Bowhunters Forum Blood Trail Database

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:40 pm

I got 3 words for you, sir. POST EM UP!!!! Very Happy lol! That's awesome man!!!!!!!!
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Anyone who wants to participate in this new database, you may want to save this pic and put it at the beginning of your videos. I will be doing it also.

Public Land Bowhunters Forum Blood Trail Database Warning-graphic-contentedit
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by 102 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:42 am

I've got a small problem with the "post 'em up" idea...I have no idea how. I barely know how to post a picture. Never posted a video.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 am

304-590-5623 you call me tonight, I'm off of work at 5:30 eastern time, I can talk you thru it. Btw, do you have a webcam, we could talk over Skype, that would be alot easier.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:05 pm

102 get with Dave & get them posted. I can't wait to see them. I think this is a great addition to the site & a place where hunters can pick up something that will help them recover game.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by 102 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Did you say SKYPE? You are kidding right? I still use a "dumb" phone. NO IDEA ABOUT ALL THIS STUFF. In fact, I have never used a trail cam, map, or GPS. (I do own a GPS but don't trust it at all).

I am what is called LOW TECH...OLD SCHOOL.

Besides, I am about to go to bed.

I have made a couple of videos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by 102 Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:38 pm

OK that is really entertaining and flattering at the same time.
I realize you do not know me but obviously you are GROSSLY overestimating my skill set.
(I get that all the time, I am sure it is because I look smart)

So, how do I get the vid on photobucket?

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 pm

102, you don't put the vids on photo bucket, that is for pics. Youtube is the way to go, and Vimeo too. I don't know what format the vids are in, but I will edit & post them myself, if you don't know how.

If you have to mail them I will pay for the shipping, whatever it takes! Give me a call so we can figure out what your skill level is with video editing & uploading. I can/will teach/help you. This is for the good of bowhunters everywhere!
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by 102 Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 pm

OK, I will call Dave when I get a chance.
Some of the vid is on mini DVC, other stuff is 8 mm, a bunch on digital.

I have a couple 70 minute DVD's I produced and sold a few years back.

Anyway, I will call when I get time. Or post up if I can get my son to stay home for a minute. College kids!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down