PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

That just beats ALL

Go down

That just beats ALL

Post by SlowBow on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm

So, I put out a trail cam. Left it out for 3 weeks, never checked it, didn't want to disturb the area so much. Finally went and got it, IN THE RAIN, and got soaked,so my scent would wash away. Download it, and a frickin spider decided he liked the lens hole two days after I set it up. I got this black blob in all my photos.

[url=spider]
Most of the shots are obstructed by the little beast, but at least I got a clear shot of this guy

[url=
8]

Back to top Go down

Re: That just beats ALL

Post by Spauldo on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Classic. Laughing at the situation. Just classic. Nice pics and way to persevere SlowBow. Hope that buck is yours this season if he's the one you want:)
Spauldo
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by flopdrop on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:05 am

Know how you feel. Had a colony of Ants get in one already and made it do all kinds of weird stuff. Hunt'n buddy Dickie once went out day after I placed it and took my batteries out and put some old dead ones in. Three to four weeks later had 1 picture. It was him walking up to the camera. Never said a word about it. This past Christmas bought him one with a big pack of batteries, which I took out the new and replaced with dead ones and hot glued the package back together. He opened it,thanked me and told me what he had done to me years prior and apoligized. Now do I feel bad? Think Not! Should be some interesting new stories in deer camp this year. Small pranks like this have helped us endure thirty years of hunt'n together. Wouldn't have it any other way. Just hope he feels the same......
flopdrop

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Spauldo wrote:Classic. Laughing at the situation. Just classic. Nice pics and way to persevere SlowBow. Hope that buck is yours this season if he's the one you want:)

Actually, he's a nice buck, but I doubt he'd be one I'd consider shooting. Probably not even 100 inches. Thats the kind of 2 and a half year old buck, with potential, you should consider passing on.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a QDM preacher. But I do try to practice it to some extent. I do not, however, feel it should be regulated into the rule book with point and spread restrictions, or mandated by law in any way. I would be pleased as punch if someone who wanted to shoot this deer took him. But I'd probably let this one walk. Give hime another year or two,and he is going to be a really special animal.

Heres the big BUT, and why I don't like QDM regulations, BUT, if my freezer was empty, and there were just a week or two before the firearm season, this guy, or any other doe or spike buck that happened by my stand in range is going to take my arrow so I can fill that freezer for the winter before the guns start going off.

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS: MARYLAND CHAPTER REPRESENTATIVE
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum