PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody shoot Big cutting diameter heads

3 posters

Go down

Anybody shoot Big cutting diameter heads Empty Anybody shoot Big cutting diameter heads

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:09 am

I am going to try the Grim reaper Whitetail specials this year. They are a 3 blade expandable with a 2" cutting dia. I have used the original grim reapers(1 3/8" cut) before with great success. I personally think they are the finest mechanical head on the market.

There shouldn't be any penetration issues because my Bowtech Sentinel makes 77 lb/ft of kenetic energy and .53 slug/ft of momentum.

Who else is using a large cutting diameter head this season.

Back to top Go down

Anybody shoot Big cutting diameter heads Empty Re: Anybody shoot Big cutting diameter heads

Post by vortex1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:10 pm

I use the 2 1/2 in Mar den vortex pro extremes at 100grn. Out of my wheel bow. It deffinitely helps to have extra ooomf shootin big heads. These are 2 bladed heads that will destroy whitetailed deer. but need at least 50 - 60 f/lbs of KE. Me and my brother (mainly my brother) have kilt alot of deer with these. Also im goin to try the 2 3/4 in vortex heads this year with a little heavier arrow and see what happens. also im gonna ask dave if we can have a gore page to show the performance of broadheads.
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Anybody shoot Big cutting diameter heads Empty Re: Anybody shoot Big cutting diameter heads

Post by Boxerjake77 Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:36 am

From my stand I'll be using GR 1 3/8 cut. I like the 2" but I just don't know about penetration with the 3 blades from my set up.

From my blind, when I take my kids out, it will be the Magnus Buzzcut. Never used them before. They do fly great, and look to be a quality head.

Boxerjake77

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 pm

The magnus head is a top shelf head for sure. Only broadhead I know that comes with a lifetime warranty.

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Rage 2 blade 1.5 inch cut I shot only one deer with it but it left a HUGE hole in her. I'm sold till I just want to try something else.
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down