PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave!

2 posters

Go down

D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave! Empty D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave!

Post by milspec Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 pm

So here is some clothing I did. I found a nice brown wool coat from a thrift store for $30 and bought a pair of Jeans the same color as the coat for $20. Its almost finished, I want to hand paint some dead grass that rises from the bottom of the jeans.. just up passed the knee and just on the lower edge of the coat. Also going to get some fake fall leaves and superglue them onto the coat and jeans. Thanks for the idea Dave!, so far a lot of my buddies here really like this.

Current temperature this morning 39 F

D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave! Gopr0512
D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave! Gopr0513
D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave! Gopr0514
milspec
milspec

Back to top Go down

D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave! Empty Re: D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave!

Post by Waiting4Fall Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Lookin good, that will work! Show us the finished product. I've done the stick on leaf thing too, it doesn't hurt! Very Happy

I had to sew my fake leaves on. I tried the superglue route, I ended up tearing most of mine off walking thru the woods. I'm not the gentlest person with my hunting stuff though, lol.

D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave! TradDeer
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave! Empty Re: D.I.Y Camo: Milspec's stuff. Thanks for the idea Dave!

Post by milspec Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:16 am

I was actually second guessing the superglue, figured that would happen, I'll try the sew on the method. Should have finished project tomorrow sometime.
milspec
milspec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:23 am

They sell pin on leaves too. They come with tiny safety pins. A lot of guys use them to spruce up there ghillie suits. I know I am going too.

Here's a link
http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Archery-Design-Sneaky-Camouflaging/dp/B000HZGKKM

Sounds like you already have leaves though so it might just be cheaper and faster to buy a mess of safety pins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:51 am

If you go the safety pin route, consider these tips, which I did years ago. Superglue the safety pins closed so they don't come open. Also spray paint them black or buy them in a flat dark color, so they don't reflect sunlight.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:40 am

both very good points. I all keep an open mind for attachment options.
milspec
milspec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down