PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mental Game

3 posters

Go down

The Mental Game Empty The Mental Game

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm

New York's bow opener is just 7 days away. Of course it falls on a Monday so I will not be able to get to Hunting grounds until Friday due to work.

There are so many mental games I am already playing on myself and trying to not think about it is real hard.

I think about how I 'want' to first take a Doe and only have that first weekend to do so. Then the following weekend and a full week I get to go North, solo, to try and get my first Adirondack buck. I'm lucky if I see a darn deer in a given day in the woods up there. Then I think about the what if's and what is next whether I take one or not up there and how much more time I will end up putting 3 hours north of me.

I am already worn out and haven't even hunted deer yet! Does anyone else get like this? I think I am just putting too much damn pressure on myself and need to sit back and relax. Damn obsessions are no good.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

The Mental Game Empty Re: The Mental Game

Post by SlowBow Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Try not to over think it. I used to spend a lot of time doing that, and still do on occasion. More lately it's worry over trying to keep the camera charged, and wanting to get things on video. Fishing videos are so much easier! Very Happy

Lately it's also just frustration over a lack of stand time because of obligations. I'd be much more happy in a stand not seeing deer than doing those other life things that I must.

Relax a bit, and just be thankful for the opportunity to spend time in creation!

Then again, if I wasn't obsessed with getting this filming thing done, I probably wouldn't have laid that buck down on film. Tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't have shot him if I couldn't have done it. Sometimes, obsession is a good thing!

SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:36 am

Good stuff SlowBow. Posted, my brotha RELAX! PLEASE don't put such pressure on yourself. Man, just get in the woods, enjoy being in the woods, and take whatever gift The Mountain gives you.

This is all SUPPOSED to be FUN. It's all good, remember THE JOURNEY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE DESTINATION. Everything wil work out how and when it's supposed to. It's all already been decided upon, The Creator will bless/reward your efforts.

Work hard, hunt smart, but most importantly ENJOY your time in the woods. Just food for thought, do as you see fit.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 am

Thanks buddies. Already took measures to relax. First weekend of hunt was gonna be me and my boy away from the fam on columbus weekend. Instead, its gonna be us and the fam together that weekend and still hunting. Come home to share our hunts and stories with the fam is much nicer. Win win.

I still have a week planned alone up north but at least we'll be together and happy happy the first weekend Wink
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down