PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Bay WMA

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Bay WMA Empty Fishing Bay WMA

Post by JMax510 Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:55 pm

I had 2 days off work so I went to Fishing Bay to hunt all day yesterday and this morning. I was never there and didn't know anything about it so I was just winging it. I was whitetail hunting but didn't really see much sign. At first I was seeing small tracks and didn't think much of it just thought the area must have alot of fawns turns out the tracks were Sika tracks. I've never seen one before but I ended up seeing 2 Sika deer. First one I only caught a glimpse of but this morning I had a little buck come past me. I could have shot him but decided to video tape him instead. Mosquitoes were crazy to the point were you can't stand it. If anyone knows of a better place for me to try in Maryland for whitetails please let me know.
Jim

JMax510

Back to top Go down

Fishing Bay WMA Empty Re: Fishing Bay WMA

Post by SlowBow Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Should have taken that Sika. Hard to get, and they are about the best eating little deer you can get.The stags don't get real big racks on them. The only way I can describe it is it's kind of like that beef fat on a steak that you want to eat because it tastes so good but you don't because you know it's so bad for you.

Thats the way the lean sika MEAT tastes.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down