PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

'twas the night before archery

Go down

'twas the night before archery

Post by talkthewalk on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 pm

'twas the night before archery and I've gone over my gear three or four times and I'm sure I will forget something and it will come to mind when I step out of the truck in the early morning. As I make my way in the woods I will realize my trigger is on the dash of my truck so now I'll have to do double time to make it on time. Finally back on track I step through my first cobweb and the hair stands up on my head wondering if the spider made it on me or if I left him dangling from his web. Aaahhh I finally made it to my stand and head on up in to get settled in and just as I sit down to catch my breath I hear something fall out of my backpack and slam to the ground. Back down I go, grab my bottle of water that made that loud slam, throw it back in and now I am ready. Just as the sun breaks the horizon the squirrels wake up and as I watch one make it in the tree I'm in and yep you guessed it as he is four feet from me barking the loudest, noisiest, most annoying bark for at least an hour deafening my hearing to pick the sounds I want to hear. As the day goes on I grab a bite to eat at lunch time. The food in my belly makes me tired and my eyes get heavy, I'm not asleep but I'm not on top of my game. Half asleep I suddenly awake to the sound of foot steps, It's a deer walk. Were is he? Then the steps fade off in the distance. A missed opportunity. Now it's late afternoon and the sun will be setting soon as I watch a group of does move past my stand I wonder if that buck on my trail cam will come out soon. Guess not the sun is down and I can't see my pin anymore so I pack it in and call it a day and just as I step onto the ground I hear a deer snort and see a glimpse of a tail take off. Ya that was probably him. As I get to the truck I think of all the things that went wrong but I have satisfied this boyish drive that is in me to hunt these awesome animals and I am already planning my next hunt. HAVE FUN EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK!
Valentine Wtorkiewicz

Last edited by talkthewalk on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
talkthewalk
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

http://www.thecompoletedeercallingsystem.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 'twas the night before archery

Post by PineywoodsBow on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 pm

bout sums it up. thanks

ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by stickbndr on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:54 am

Man I thought that only happens to me. Still wouldn't change a minute of it for anything.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 am

Glad you could stop by Valentine. Best of luck this season, I can't wait to put your call to use.

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Lol I was climbing the other day and had one more limb to cut to get to my height and I heard that thump. I knew exactly what it was to. I stared down for the rest of the hunt at my tree saw and that darn limb lol. Good luck.
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down