PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Adirondack NY Public Land Journey comes to an end

5 posters

Go down

My Adirondack NY Public Land Journey comes to an end Empty My Adirondack NY Public Land Journey comes to an end

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Well, I am still a bit down but I have no regrets. I spent the last 5 days solo, up to 2 miles deep, different spots, in season scouting, finding fresh rubs and a fresh scrape, sleeping in both my car and in a haunted motel, to come home empty handed. And trust me, I was not waiting for a 'shooter buck'. All I had the chance at was a button buck the second morning. I would have been happy with a 4 pointer and above. This is the kind of big woods you do not have deer passing by you all day. A local hunting guide told me that he had 15 guys last year on a deer drive, with rifles and none got a deer. That is the kind of big woods this is. You might be wondering why I even try to accomplish that feat. I'm just a bit crazy and like to challenge myself.

The most important thing that I came out learning is that I have the heart to finish what I started. I was almost going to give up Thursday and come home, knowing that Friday was going to be a washout. With some love and support from my wifey, I stuck in there and hunted dark to dark Friday as well, and got soaked of course. I mean pouring rain, drizzle, then pouring again. I had to finish it strong. Didn't quit till I could not see in front of me anymore.

I won't be going back up there again unless I have some friends to go with next year. At least when you hunt all day, and have your boys back at camp to refresh and hang with, it gives you energy for the next day. So if anyone is up for a most challenging Adirondack Deer Camp next season, lets do it!

Not sure if I'll put together the video yet. Nothing really to see but me being snowed on, rained on and sleeping in the car. Not really exciting TV.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

My Adirondack NY Public Land Journey comes to an end Empty Re: My Adirondack NY Public Land Journey comes to an end

Post by PineywoodsBow Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Way to stick it out. I am satisfied with my hunt when I do everything right on my end and leave the results up to God. Maybe next year bud....
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

My Adirondack NY Public Land Journey comes to an end Empty Re: My Adirondack NY Public Land Journey comes to an end

Post by Kodiakk Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 am

Hopefully you'll stick one next time. Hunting is a bit more fun with buddies. I never realized that until I started going with the group I hunt with now. I still like my alone time though, but it's nice to kick back after the day swapping stories about what we all saw around a campfire. If New York was closer I'd be game!

Kodiakk

Back to top Go down

Post by RLSMITH Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm

That sounds like a great hunting trip I am going to western Maryland in a week to do the same thing you did and cant wait to get there. Cngrats on getting out there.

RLSMITH

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtdobber Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Dude, I love the preserverance, when you do connect, it will be even sweeter.

dirtdobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down