PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many times do you hunt an area before you move?

+2
bowonly
Bchadwick1990
6 posters

Go down

How many times do you hunt an area before you move? Empty How many times do you hunt an area before you move?

Post by Bchadwick1990 Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Wondering how many times I should hunt an area before I move?
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

How many times do you hunt an area before you move? Empty Re: How many times do you hunt an area before you move?

Post by bowonly Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 pm

I guess it depends on the area but I typically give a spot at least 2 sits before changing venues. Even if it's just to move 50yds. Sometimes that's all it takes. There was something in the area that made you take a stand there so don't give up on the entire area too quickly.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

How many times do you hunt an area before you move? Empty Re: How many times do you hunt an area before you move?

Post by Bchadwick1990 Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 pm

I like the area in general was wondering if I should move 20-50 yards like you said. I don't wanna give up on it but was wondering if moving 50 yards or so would be wise?
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:07 pm

I've got a 3 strike rule. No deer seen in 3 hunts I'll move on. I may come back and try that stand on a different wind direction, or am v pm one more time a few weeks later, but it has to look really good for me to do that.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 pm

I agree 2 or three sits is a good indicator. I like to do a little scouting after my sit to give me a better idea on the area.
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by JAPetry86 Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 am

A lot of stand locations are dependent upon surrounding cover, topographical features, etc. I know one of my favorite spots isn't very good to hunt until later in the year after deer have been pressured a little and they use thick cover and saddles to cover lots of land quickly. Give the location 3 or 4 sits, both morning and evening, if you are seeing deer, I say there is no reason to leave the area.
JAPetry86
JAPetry86

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am

I have one or two spots that I like to hunt a few times during the season. The rest of the time I bounce around like I'm a piece in a chess match! The deer move, then I move, etc... Very Happy
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down