PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a humbling sport

4 posters

Go down

What a humbling sport Empty What a humbling sport

Post by Bchadwick1990 Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Was able to have some great encounters with a few bucks this weekend! My first encounter was on Friday morning when I shot a coyote at 23 yards. Then Friday evening I saw a 4 point and spike I have seen a few times this year. Right before dark I saw another buck come out where the spike and 4 point came out. I grabbed my binocs and saw that it was a stud of an 8 point. He came in right at last light and it was dark by the time he made it to the tree I had ranged earlier to be at 22 yards. I couldn't see through my peep so I didn't take the shot. Wish I could shoot instinctively and maybe I would of been able to smoke him! It wasn't worth the risk of wounding him I thought I might get a chance at him the next morning. I went

Saturday morning at 10 I had a nice 14-15 inch wide 2 and a half years old 6 point come in to 40 yeards. The public land I hunt the bucks have to be 15 inches wide. This deer is right on the mark and since I had seen the big 8 in there the evening before I decided to wait. Well I ended up seeing the big 8 point at about 10:30 but had no shot at him and only got to watch him for about a minute. Saturday evening I only had 3 doe come in and decided not to take one in hopes to keep the area I am in as least stressed as possible.

All in all it was a great weekend and a humbling experience to have a great buck so close yet not being able to do much about it. All I can do is pray and hope the stars align just right for next weekend haha!

Did anyone else have any encounters this weekend?
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

What a humbling sport Empty Re: What a humbling sport

Post by Parkersdad Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 pm

That is a great experience and what keeps us coming back for more. I have been seeing an 8 point and I moved in on him only to have the orange army rifle hunters mess me up. I have now moved and looking for another buck. Good luck to you and have fun.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:08 pm

I would say that was a successful hunt.
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 pm

sounds good to me, also had experience with low light shots, if you cant see through your peep but can still make out your pins look to the oustside left edge of your peep and line up the shot, it should put you about 3 - 4 inches of target to the right just allow for the shot and bingo. ive killed a few deer like that, try it on a target it works excellent. good story and good luck. Smile
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks man I will try that out. I have been practicing shooting with both eyes open late in the evening and it seems to be working. I know some people shoot with both eyes open everytime but I usually dont. Hopefully I can get confident enough to shoot him if he comes in late again!
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down