PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Parents what can we do........

Go down

Parents what can we do........

Post by talkthewalk on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:49 pm

I want to tell all the parents out there to give their children both young and old an extra hug and kiss this holiday season and every day to come and be thankfull you and yours are healthy and prosperous in light of what happened in Conn. I don't know what the answer is but we all have to do something. My family's hearts and prayers go to those who have suffered this recent tragedy or any child's tragedy in the past...............
Attachments
tristan 272.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(28 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
talkthewalk
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

http://www.thecompoletedeercallingsystem.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents what can we do........

Post by Waiting4Fall on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:45 am

Good thread. I was gutted by that horrific event, I can't comprehend what those parents/families are going thru. I don't know if it will make a difference but I was compelled to get what is pictured below.

Legislation, and proposed gun restrictions will not stop it. The bad/crazy people will still find a way. All I know to do is be as prepared as humanly possible to do whatever I have to, in order to keep my daughter safe.

I pray for safety for everyone, especially our delicate children. I don't know what the answer is, but I am of a different mindset as a result of the latest school tragedy.

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:18 pm

These events are tragic, heartbreaking, and really, just hard to imagine or understand.

Spend time with your children, expose them to firearms at an early age, teach them how to shoot, and proper gun handling.

Most importantly, take them hunting with you, and impress upon them the value of life, even the value of the life you take to feed your family, and that once you have killed, you will not be able to bring the creature back for next weeks episode, or to appear in the next blockbuster movie, and that once killed, the creatures will not simply come back by reloading another game.

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS: MARYLAND CHAPTER REPRESENTATIVE
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkthewalk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 pm

I agree and with both of you but I can't help but wonder why our media is aloud to broadcast these stories. I feel they should be illegal from local, to state, to national news media. And all social media as well. Whether its a beating on a school bus among teenagers caught on a cell phone or something as horrific as this, any type of child violence needs to be band from any type of news period........They just give the next disturbed individual a thought..... If our government would pass laws like they do for other crimes against minors, one that I don't care to mention, but they can literally go and grab them out of there home for something they are doing over the internet involving minors. If we had such strict laws on violence against minors to those who proadcast these stories?????????????? It would come to and end!!!!

talkthewalk
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Freedom of press should be maintained no matter the consequences. We should never sacrifice our liberties for security, EVER!

ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by talkthewalk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 am

PineywoodsBow wrote:Freedom of press should be maintained no matter the consequences. We should never sacrifice our liberties for security, EVER!

Sorry, these stories do not need to be plastered all over the media. If we can save childrens lives by banning these stories its a step in the right direction. I'm all for freedom of the press but horrific crimes against 6 to 7 year old children should be banned so they don't plant this idea in another's mind. Why do you think these school shootings keep happening? cause someone else did it and want to go out the same way.....So stop planting the seed through news or any kind of media period......................................................................... scratch
talkthewalk
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by minnesota_muley on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:57 am

I don't agree with you. Blaming the media coverage of these terrible tragedies is like blaming guns and saying if we get rid of guns these tragedies won't happen. Its a much too simplistic view. When you say if we ban media coverage of these tragedies they won't happen, that is just flat out inaccurate. What evidence or proof is there that media coverage is the sole cause of these tragedies and stopping media coverage will eliminate these things? I'm not saying the media coverage plays no role in future events. What I am saying is you have no idea how much of a role media coverage plays or doesn't play, and there are many other factors that play a role. Blaming media coverage as the sole reason for these shootings is misguided.

minnesota_muley
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by talkthewalk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 pm

I'm not saying media is the only blam here and you are right there is a lot more factors at play. But you can't tell me these people don't get the idea from watching what someone else did from across the country on our news media. From how they got in to what kind of guns and how they got the guns. Controlling the media has nothing to do with gun controll. Our laws in that state worked and he was denied guns. But what I am saying is if it would help save childrens lives you would get no argument from me.

talkthewalk
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by minnesota_muley on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:07 pm

My point was not that gun control and controlling what the media covers are the same. My point was that a myopic view that there is one cause (gun control, media sensorship, mental health, etc.) is too simplistic. If you re-read my post you will see that is the point I was trying to make. And we'd all agree that if sensoring the media would help save kids' lives we'd all support sensoring the media. I'm not sure sensoring the media would save anybody's life, and even if it would, the cat is out of the bag. People are going to here about it and get the message/information on these incidents regardless of if the media broadcasts it or not.

minnesota_muley
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Pineywoods is right - Live life uncensored - freedom of the press - and the right to keep and bear arms. I would not support the government controlling rights with an excuse "it would save children"

The media has nothing to do with this - and no this idiot in CT didnt get the idea from hearing about CO - that is ridiculous. I don't accept the theory that some young disturbed kid "gets" the idea or is fascinated by these stories - these are very disturbed individuals - and none of us should be trying to curtail normal life to accommodate whack jobs. Help if we can - defend what we must - but I am not changing my life around situations like this as if we are too blame in any way.

What there is - is an overwhelming culture of young people devoted to killing other people vicariously playing video games. Are video games to blame ?? I have no way of knowing - but the actions of this punk in CT mirror a video sequence way more than other similar incidents covered by the media.

One other thing - I have almost zero respect for so called journalists today - I am defending the concept of free speech and free press. CNN NBC CBS ABC & NPR are all useless losers as far as I am concerned. They are useless but not to blame.

The school in CT fell for believing their own lie that a gun free zone is safe. They had a decent check in system and the strongest anti gun ownership and use laws in the country. Tragic to discover the truth this way. I wish it weren't so - but it is and it is too late. Any person or entity that puts their faith and hope in the 911 dial a prayer system instead of stepping up and protecting themselves - opens themselves up to potential tragedy.

I tell my wife and kids I love them every day - I even tell my hunting buddies every time we talk - and we all raised our own kids - didn't delegate this out for others.

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:51 pm

I find it funny that the press will defend their right to free speech, and use this right to call for and support the curtailing other peoples Constitutional Rights.

It's time we all make it VERY VERY clear to the powers that be that anyone who supports or proposes curtailing the Constitutional Rights of their fellow citizens as a solution to problems in todays society has NO BUSINESS in a position of leadership in this Country. Has it been forgotten that they are supposed to be upholding the Constitution, not repealing it.

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS: MARYLAND CHAPTER REPRESENTATIVE
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 pm

I don't have a solution to fix the evil, but I do want to share some of my experience. My wife and I don't have any children but I am a teacher and coach which in turn blesses me with many children. I teach high school and try to mold my young men into great Christian men. All young people have a foundation from their raising either good or bad. I may spend 4 years trying to show them what it means to be a man, and also what a good Christian father role model is like. The undeniable difference in all the students I've encountered and athletes I've coached is parent or mainly father involvement. You can tell the difference in children who have a father or father figure involved and investing time in their life, and children that don't. Invest time and love in your children, and build a great foundation that will last for the rest of their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am

Backwaters Bowhunter wrote:I don't have a solution to fix the evil, but I do want to share some of my experience. My wife and I don't have any children but I am a teacher and coach which in turn blesses me with many children. I teach high school and try to mold my young men into great Christian men. All young people have a foundation from their raising either good or bad. I may spend 4 years trying to show them what it means to be a man, and also what a good Christian father role model is like. The undeniable difference in all the students I've encountered and athletes I've coached is parent or mainly father involvement. You can tell the difference in children who have a father or father figure involved and investing time in their life, and children that don't. Invest time and love in your children, and build a great foundation that will last for the rest of their lives.

Excellent!!!

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkthewalk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:33 am

Backwaters Bowhunter, well said my friend!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry you don't have kids but I hope someday you will and from the sounds of it you will be a great Dad....Keep up the great work.
talkthewalk
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down