PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Boots Question

5 posters

Go down

Hunting Boots Question Empty Hunting Boots Question

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm going to start by saying my favorite pair of boots I own are by far my Danner Pronghorns. I also like to have a pair of rubber boots for hunting. I refuse to buy Muck boots after buying them for 12 years for monetary reasons. I have been looking at LaCrosse mainly the Grange model and the Burly Classic model. The Grange is $59, and the Burly is $69 currently at a local retailer. The only difference I can see is that the Burly model is molded a little different and has a wool pad insert. Any suggestions or experienced owner's input would be appreciated.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Hunting Boots Question Empty Re: Hunting Boots Question

Post by Miller-TD#2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Used none of the above. I use Rangers w/inserts for late and rubber boots that I got from tractor supply. But since season is the only time I use them i do not worry about scent, had deer follow my trail w/no problems...

just a suggestion.
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:13 pm

checked those prices u gave:

http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=burly

unless you are getting a HUGH! discount, you may be buying knock-offs.....
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by recurveit Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 pm

I use irish setters elk trackers. I want to get a pair of the rubber boots.$120
recurveit
recurveit

Back to top Go down

Post by BOW-up-2009 Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 pm

I have a pair of burly classics. I've had them about three years. I think I paid about $50-60 for them. I can honestly say I really didn't like them at first, but it was more of me getting used to wearing rubber boots than any craftsmanship or fitting problems. I love them now. Wore them the last three days with a thick pair of wool socks. Cold feet, no problem. They will make your feet and lower legs sweat in the warmer temps, but I guess any rubber boot will. Mine have seen their share of briars without any problems and sure are useful when you step in a mudhole in the middle of a dark morning.

Hope that helps.
BOW-up-2009
BOW-up-2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 pm

I bought a pair of lacrosse grange boots today from academy for $59. Thanks for the replies. Here's the link. I doubt they're knockoffs.
http://m.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_143509_-1__?color=OD+Green&N=893475555
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:27 am

makes ya wonder who's cheaten' who.....

good deal.
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 am

I prefer the Lacrosse Alpha Sport! They have a little more aggressive tread and seem to provide a little more cushion and support for those long scouting trips.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 pm

Backwater dudes appreciate the link - great deal.

To the Original question: Yes these Grange boots are what I wear most of the time especially after it cools down a little for stand hunting. I try and get a really cheap pair of boots at building supply for early season hot weather afternoon only after 6pm only. LaCrosse Hip Boots I am in quite a bit as well hunting and scouting since much of our bowhunting is water entry. I do wear a Danner Elk style boot often in the WVBZ following up with Schnee Mountain boots after freezing weather moves in. And I do like a lightweight la crosse leather top bubber bottom styled after the bean boots for early season in moderate and warm weather.
and I do have a pair of La Crosse rubber bottom Leather top PACS w liners for 20 degree and under stand hunts.
Grange are used by far the most - and with a heat tab I have done stand hunts down to 25 OK
I do run boot dryers 24/7 at my house and have a travel pair as well so all these boots stay fresh - dry - and last a long time.
<><
<---------------------<<<<<<<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down