PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawnee National Forest

2 posters

Go down

Shawnee National Forest Empty Shawnee National Forest

Post by Jeremy Holden Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Hello to all, I'm wondering if anyone hunted the Shawnee National Forest in Illinois this past season. I'm looking at buying some property for a small cabin, I live in Illinois and don't want to pay out of state tags fees, and have been thinking that this area may be a good spot. It looks to be rather large though and was wondering what the seer numbers are like. Thanks!

-Jeremy

Jeremy Holden

Back to top Go down

Shawnee National Forest Empty Re: Shawnee National Forest

Post by hoyt Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Jeremy, I live in the woods in S. Illinois and walk from my place to Shawnee and hunt almost every day. I moved up here just to deer hunt about 5 yrs ago. I used to come up here from Orlando and hunt every yr for about a month..so decided to move.

Problem is every since I've been here the deer numbers have dropped drastically in this area every yr...anybody that hunts this area will tell you that.

I'm thinking about getting out of Illinois it's so bad..maybe Mo.

There's still plenty of deer in Shawnee and some good ones too, just harder to find. I killed these 3 bucks with my recurves the last 3 yrs and that's it..except for one doe...and one decent one with flintlock. I saw some monster bucks last season..about 18 on one ridge during Nov. 12 thru 14th..all kinda decent bucks on trail cams after season. This yr. nothing to mention.

This season..Shawnee National Forest Graveyard8jpg7_zps7f558b2d

Last Season..Shawnee National Forest Acc1

Season before last..Shawnee National Forest Acc2-1

And yr before that..with my .58cal. Flintlock..Shawnee National Forest Shawneejpg1

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down