PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me your opinions on non-residents

+4
Marylandbowhunter
heydeerman
SlowBow
Cbigbear
8 posters

Go down

Give me your opinions on non-residents Empty Give me your opinions on non-residents

Post by Cbigbear Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:31 pm

How do you guys feel about non-resident hunters on your home state public ground?

My home state doesn't really attract hunters but we do get out of state guys coming to fish. I welcome any non-residents to come down & fish.

I spend the majority of my hunting time in Mississippi. I find most residents to be friendly. However the MS non-res license fees of $450 & the regulation that doesn't allow non-residents to kill does on any MS public land sure ain't to friendly. Like I said give me your opinions & is your state's non-res fees & laws geared to attract out of state hunters or turn them away?
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Give me your opinions on non-residents Empty Re: Give me your opinions on non-residents

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Each and every State are higher price for Non-Res. They also have hard rules for them. I don't mind out-of-Staters, The reason is They are still hunters and Their money goes back to the State, and to help pay for Land to hunt on. Not to mention the CO's, Parks, research and so on.

For Texas, The Park system is in need of over $4,000,000 plus due to wild fires, drought and lack of visitors.

Back to top Go down

Give me your opinions on non-residents Empty Re: Give me your opinions on non-residents

Post by SlowBow Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:18 pm

I get a little miffed sometimes. Here in Maryland you`ve got lots of out of Staters coming in and driving lease prices up.

Of course,that does`t impact public land,but Pa. starts a week later than we do for turkey and deer, sometimes it looks like a mall parking lot in Philly with all the out of State tags at the public areas.

All in all, I really don`t care though,as long as they are minding the rules and hunting ethically. I`ve been known to cross State lines on little adventures myself Very Happy

SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:48 pm

My state is not a country. If you come into my state and hunt from another state I will welcome you as an American. Might sound tacky to some but thats the truth as I see it.
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylandbowhunter Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:57 pm

It don't bother me at all. It's good that they come to our state and spend money

Marylandbowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcherAdam Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:09 am

It does not bother me when they come to PA. Hopefully they do not mind when I come to their state.

ArcherAdam

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:49 pm

I am on the fence towards this subject. As a whole, here in Michigan, we get many from Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. THE WORST though are the downstaters who come to the Upper Peninsula with the attitude they own everything up here. For those of you not familiar with Michigan, there is a Lower Peninsula and Upper Peninsula. The Lower is where the majority lives as it is where the industry is or used to be! All monies in the state come from below and are primarlily spent below. I live in the Upper which is a wilderness. It is also economically poorer. We have thousands of acres of unbroken wilderness, public land. The Trolls as we call them come up here and basically crap all over everything, cut others off game trails , etc. Not all act this way but I have had enough run-ins over the years to be biased. I've found one has to go deeper into a section to get away from the hoards.
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by tpcowfish Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:16 am

It,s a free country, Met a lot of outta staters, some great people, doesn't matter where your from to me, It's more how you act, (hunt) ethical ,and curtious to your fellow hunter, Just wish some of those states would make it financially possible for me to hunt there also, like here for them. Tghink all states should have the same price for tags ect.

tpcowfish
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by dthbyhoyt Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:23 am

Come one come all , I own no state .. Very Happy

I do go to Ohio and have ran into folks that are as good as gold and some that I wouldn't spit on if they butt was on fire ..
dthbyhoyt
dthbyhoyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down