PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Scouting the Benefits of Snow

2 posters

Go down

Spring Scouting the Benefits of Snow Empty Spring Scouting the Benefits of Snow

Post by Spauldo Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Had a chance to get out today and do some scouting. Ran into some no hunting signs, seems the public land around here is being gobbled up by conservationists that do not like hunters. I wonder if there is a way to be friends?

Spring Scouting the Benefits of Snow Img_0314
Spauldo
Spauldo
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Spring Scouting the Benefits of Snow Empty Re: Spring Scouting the Benefits of Snow

Post by SlowBow Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Good luck with that one. I've found one way to approach these landowners is to knock and let them know you saw the signs and hunt near their borders, and was wondering if you did shoot a deer that ran onto their property if it would be OK to track it. Most times they'll tell you to get lost. Every now and then it's a hunter who's tired of poachers sneaking across the line, and will respect you for asking and perhaps you'll make a friend and gain some private land to hunt.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Spring Scouting the Benefits of Snow Empty Re: Spring Scouting the Benefits of Snow

Post by Spauldo Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks for the perspective Slowbow. It is hard not to get angry in the little pocket I live in. Most of the state is fairly hunter friendly. Kindness and Respect have to be what's given if it is to be returned. I will email the post and inquire as you said. My experience thus far has been much the same unfortunately.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Yes, living in Animal Rights Central here, I deal with this all the time. The worst part of it is that the same folks who wont give you access to hunt their land are the same ones pressuring DNR to do something about the deer. We wind up with unlimited bags on antlerless deer for archers, and 10 antlerless for Black Powder and Firearms seasons, and they all come off public land and out of the more rural areas where hunting is accepted.

This destroys the herd where it is hunted, and does ZILCH NADA and NOTHING to help lower the populations where the people are complaining about them, and the only population control happening there is the grill on those folks BMW and Mercedes.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Agreed Slowbow. The only difference is deer densities for us outside of the suburbs are VERY low. They have the same problems in town. NH statement is 'Live Free or Die', but animal rights are alive and well in the cities and educational centers and the state to our left.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down