PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoyt Buffalo recurve

3 posters

Go down

Hoyt Buffalo recurve Empty Hoyt Buffalo recurve

Post by heydeerman Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 pm

I have only had this bow one week and I can honestly say this is the easiest bow I have ever shot. I traded a Tradtech Titan 2 that I bought new for this Hoyt. I really liked the TT but just wanted to try the Buffalo. Here is what I like about the Buffalo.

1.The Grip. When I first held it I thought it was too skinny and very low. I almost boxed it back up and sent it back. I decided to shoot it since the fella I was trading with had no exceptions. I shot it for a day and the hand placement is automatic and solid every time.

2. The Riser. It's solid aluminum and relfexed. Very solid on the shot with no flexing. There is no hand shock and with a brace height of 8.5" it is very forgiving.

3. The Limbs. Mine are mediums and 50 pounds. The system is Hoyts version of the ILF so there is room for adjustments in draw weight and tiller. I shoot 3 under and I have it tillered dead even and with the bolts all the way down it is 54 pounds. I backed them out 2 complete turns and it is 50@28. It has one more turn to give per Hoyts recommendations. These have a camo finish and are hard rock maple cored. I thought with such a high brace height they would be dogs but they shoot plenty fast and at 25 yards I notice no arrow drop compared to my other bows.

Overall I am very pleased with this bow. I didn't think I would ever go for a metal riser bow since I left the compound scene almost 15 years ago but this sweet. I am still playing with arrows but it seems to like Gold Tip 5575 but 3555 fly just as well.
heydeerman
heydeerman
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Hoyt Buffalo recurve Empty Re: Hoyt Buffalo recurve

Post by heydeerman Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:26 pm

After shooting this bow for several months now, this is the finest recurve I have ever had. I traded for this bow but would not hesitate to buy another if I needed too at full price.
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Hoyt Buffalo recurve Empty Thanks for Sharing

Post by themarks56 Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Nice man thanks for sharing. I would not mind shooting one of those also.

themarks56

Back to top Go down

Post by tpcowfish Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:49 am

Good review, its nice finding a bow you really like, right now i'm liking my new Bear Kodiak, designed after the old 59, But would love to try out more,

tpcowfish
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down