PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brace height question

2 posters

Go down

Brace height question  Empty Brace height question

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:38 am

I shoot a reflex/deflex takedown longbow. I have shot it more than I've checked the brace height, lesson learned. I contacted the bowyer that made my bow and he said the sweet spot is usually between 7.25-7.75. I knew I had to adjust it because it was too low, I measured it at 6.4. Just curious as to what bows you guys shoot and what is the best brace height for your bow? So instead of measure twice cut once, now it's measure twice shoot once!
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Brace height question  Empty Re: Brace height question

Post by wandering monk Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:19 pm

brace height or "fistmele" is the measure of the throat of the bow to the string in a strung position...in old days they would use their thumb like a "hitchiker" from point to point...OK...thats enough trivia I guess...

brace on a long bow should be somewhere between 7-7& 1 1/4" or so...farther makes a quiter shooter...closer a faster arrow speed & some more hand shock...I would start at 7 & 1/8" and twist it tigher  bit and measure and try that...then decrease a few twists and measure again and try it there.

heavier  or lighter arrows, shooting style(canted traditional style or straight up english style) can make a big difference on performance...its really about trying out different things so you actually know what makes what do what...

strings do stretch after a while...so of course its worth keeping an eye on...I crest my arrows so that the markings line up with my proper brace height...its easy to keep track of them that way...

Brace height question  IMG_5499_zpsfce95590

this pic shows my TD I shoot off the shelf...the white rings are placed on the arrow so that they line up on the leather perfect when the brace is 7&7/8"...which is just right for my bow, style and arrows...
wandering monk
wandering monk

http://www.wmflyrodco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Awesome thanks for the info, and also great looking bow and arrows!
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down