PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Visit With Snakespit

+2
minnesota_muley
Waiting4Fall
6 posters

Go down

Another Visit With Snakespit Empty Another Visit With Snakespit

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Had a great visit with my good friend Kenneth Steele, aka "Snakespit". Also, finally got to meet his brother Buddy. These Public Land Bow hunters have been hunting Amherst WMA for 50 years! I've only been leaving my blood, sweat, and tears there for the last 15 years, lol.

Emma got to meet "Snakespit", and his brother Buddy (who is as elusive as the big bucks he regularly kills). "Snakespit" gave Emma two very nice gifts. A unique walking stick, for her walks in the woods. He also gave her a very nice Native American "Friendship" necklace. Being the accomplished artist that he is, An invitation was given to Emma for some art lessons anytime she wants.

True to his word, The torch has been passed to me, so to speak, with some very in depth Amherst map analysis. That of which is NOT open for discussion, and shall remain "Classified" !

The picture of the racks & mount are only SOME of the bucks that Buddy has killed over the years, ALL on Amherst public land. I was a very attentive student in the presence of these two VERY knowledgeable teachers. It was a privilege to share time with them, listen to more great bow hunting stories, and I look forward to sharing a hunt or two with Snakespit this season.

If it sounds like I had a great time, during this simple visit, it's because I genuinely did. Great men, great bow hunters/outdoors men. I was just happy to be there, learn, and take it all in.

Another Visit With Snakespit 1

Another Visit With Snakespit 2

Another Visit With Snakespit 3
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Another Visit With Snakespit Empty Re: Another Visit With Snakespit

Post by minnesota_muley Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Wow, it sounds like a great experience. We should all be so fortunate.

minnesota_muley
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakespit Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Dave, Buddy and I enjoyed talking hunting on public land,both the hardships and rewards,i will pass on your kind words to Buddy ( if I can find him!,he is some what of a hermit,HA! HA!) Also I am glad i got to meet Miss Emma, she is as sweet as she is pretty.

Snakespit

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:21 am

That's awesome! Good luck to both of you.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:03 am

great stuff! When are we all going to get together?
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakespit Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Buddy got an 11 point buck today on public land ( the only land we hunt)

Snakespit

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 am

That looks like a great time. I've actually had an old timer on the public land I hunt give me a piece of advice. I hunted for three years and never saw a deer. One day a guy pulled off the side of the road and He said son I used to hunt right here let me tell you something go down across from the graveyard and they cross every day 930 to 10 o'clock. Then he told me exactly where to walk at the dried-up creek been a sit. Needless to say in three days I had my first deer on the ground. He also said in most instances people want to go to far in. He said everyone wants to Hunt the same place. He also told me that most of the time on public you do want to walk far in but not this particular place. Anyway my story is kind of similar and it was interesting talking to this man. What a great story you shared.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakespit Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 pm

When my brother and I started to hunt Deer, we didn't have anyone to teach or offer any advice to us, our dad took us Squirrel and Rabbit hunting and taught us to shoot rifles and shotguns there weren't any deer here when he was young, so we learned  by trial and error and there was a lot of error! I'm 67 years old,my brother is 66,We started hunting there when we were in our teens,The 11 point he took on 9/01 /13, he had to go up a hill about 600ft. almost straight up, then go about a mile thru the woods,carrying a tree stand,in the dark! he seen this deer last Jan.after he had lost his antlers,still he knew it was a nice deer, our squirrel season comes in a couple of weeks before bow season,he used this time to slip in that area and look for big tracks and droppings(which he found) and find a tree where the deer might be traveling,he got him the first time he used that stand on the second day of bow season! All those antlers on that table (and that's not all of them) were taken on publicland and by fair chase. We have never taken a big Buck that had little hooves, big tracks and big droppings,big deer! Hunt hard and leave only your tracks in the woods,and hopefully a gut pile.

Snakespit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down