PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 1 st Opening Day is almost here ..Tell us how it gos...

5 posters

Go down

Oct 1 st Opening Day is almost here ..Tell us how it gos... Empty Oct 1 st Opening Day is almost here ..Tell us how it gos...

Post by ftshooter Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Well, first I wish all of you the the best this season...Me I have no bucks spoted not much sign ..and I can't go far from home because of work..I have some public close and it is ok .I did see a good buck there last year.No shot,,But , I am going on where they were last year ..Then when I get there I hope no one beats me to that spot..I try to have two or three places/trees picked that will work for the wind in that area in case that happens .I hunt out of a tree saddle so, it gos where I go..I learned from the past..I  hope no one has messed with the deer and I can just sneek in surprise em...I got the 1st off I will let y'all know how it gos ..
ftshooter
ftshooter
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Oct 1 st Opening Day is almost here ..Tell us how it gos... Empty Re: Oct 1 st Opening Day is almost here ..Tell us how it gos...

Post by SlowBow Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:00 am

Good luck to everyone who opens this October 1. PLEASE, hunt safe, identify your target, and if you hunt from an elevated stand, USE A FALL RESTRAINT HARNESS !!!
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Oct 1 st Opening Day is almost here ..Tell us how it gos... Empty Re: Oct 1 st Opening Day is almost here ..Tell us how it gos...

Post by ftshooter Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Well, things didn't go so well this morning,,I had a big piece of humble pie for breakfast ...Got there , a few other trucks came in so I took a different way to my spot ..but, the trail that use to be there last year got all grown over . I guess, with all the rain we have had the under brush, vines thorns etc. took over..I got caught up in them like a bug in a spiders web and made a lot of noise...Then I missed my tree I was going too and walked around putting my scent all over .But, I did find one that worked .However, anything for a 1/2 mile knew I was there by then...It wasn't pretty and I didn't see a dam thing...You know the guy on public land that makes all kinds of noise ..I was that guy ..I didn't think I needed to really scout this spot and I thought I knew it well. well turns out others have been in there messing with the deer and it is so thick and you can't hardly walk though it ..I guess , I should of scouted it out ..I got skunked and this humble pie don't taste good spit...
ftshooter
ftshooter
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Just one step closer
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ftshooter Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Well, This evening went better ,and I learned a few things today..I have a new set up this year and it looks like it is going to work out well .I have a tree saddle and use the top of lone wolf hand climber for the base . This set up weights like 8- 10 lbs and I can climb and hunt out of it in 10 mins..Also, I met one of the other hunters there a younger guy ..Tried to help him out some it's his first time hunting the area..anyway is all good
ftshooter
ftshooter
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:58 pm

everytime your in the woods another piece of the puzzle is fitted. Atleast thats what keeps me sane in this hot weather!
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ftshooter Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:29 am

You guys, are right ,,I am putting things together ..This past weekend I went to some of the best public land I know of here in my state. It rained almost all day Saturday. I did hunt that afternoon...Thought for sure I would see some .Cool front came in Sunday morning ..Thought that will do it nope ..sign was there trails etc..just not sure how fresh...However, as it turns out there is no acorns that I can find in either place I hunted ...So, It is food that has changed things up this year and we can not bait on public here...not sure what they are eating ..
ftshooter
ftshooter
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 am

[img]Oct 1 st Opening Day is almost here ..Tell us how it gos... Browse_Damage3_zpsd31f2400[/img]
It's easy for me to get tunnel vision looking for acorns, crops, persimmons or other big foods, and overlook the picked clean briars or other greenery. My experience, sometimes deer won't rush out to the acorns if they can hang tight and browse around on greenery, and other leaves or briars, this sometimes will also show you travel patterns if they're eating along trails heading toward bedding or night feeding areas.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ftshooter Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:33 am

Thanks ,Backwater ,I will keep an eye out for that ...I am going this morning ..I have not really got a full day of hunting in yet and I won't today ..I have a few spots I have not been too ..I am having a good time just not seeing deer ..
ftshooter
ftshooter
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:42 pm

I didn't see a deer on my first evening hunt on public land this year, last Thursday.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum