PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok I am done with all these videos and books

3 posters

Go down

Ok I am done with all these videos and books Empty Ok I am done with all these videos and books

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:57 pm

I need to be realistic. Just like they say, you can't set a goal to kill a 160+ deer if it ain't on the property your hunting. Well, I am not looking for inches, or a buck even. I am looking to take Deer (doe, buck, fawn, whatever) on Public Land.

Thing is, all these videos and books I read, the authors are from places like Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa, etc.. Those places are loaded with 30+ deer per sq mile. I'm lucky if the areas I hunt have 4-8 deer per sq mile. I spend so much time watching trees and chipmunks.

Yes, they have good strategies, but for their environments. Even the Big Woods Books and Hill Country Videos tips seem to be for deer around Agriculture areas where you can trace their entries and exits and know where they are going, and there are 20-30 deer in the area. What about agricultureless big woods? What about big woods without Oaks or Apples? What about areas with very low deer densities? I need a book on how to hunt that!

Every year it seems I read Live from the Stand forums where people watch 6-10 does and 2-4 bucks walk under their stands each day passing on them all along for a big buck. Please send me just one of those does and I'll be happy!

I guess truth be told, I prefer big woods with low populations because I am just about the only crazy person to be out there and its peaceful. It's also very rewarding when it comes together. But I am worn out and just venting now ! Smile Does anyone else hunt non agriculture big woods where you might not see deer for 8-10 days or is it just me? Please tell me I am not alone.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Ok I am done with all these videos and books Empty Re: Ok I am done with all these videos and books

Post by Waiting4Fall Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:17 pm

You are not alone, brotha!!! Remember what I said in one of my videos, "The harder the hunt, the sweeter the meat tastes!".
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ok I am done with all these videos and books Empty Re: Ok I am done with all these videos and books

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks Dave. How is your season going so far? It's already Fall bro! Razz

On top of that, I have had the worst luck so far. First day, forget camcorder screw in thingy for camera arm but thats okay cause I tied it to my stabilizer. Also forgot rope to tie my bow to my climber which was fun! I had to McGuvyer that also by placing bow threw my Molle Straps under the platform. Actually worked, but not ideal.

Then the second day I drop and lose my Rangefinder. Luckily I traced back the next day and found it on the ground. Phew..

Two days ago, I climb up a steep mountain at dark, in hopes of getting to a good spot. By 10 am I get bored of not seeing a living thing so I start pretending that something is coming and I work on what angle shots I have and notice no sight on my bow. The entire time my sight had fallen on the steep climb through thickets. Had to drive a few exits to Gander Mountain, buy a new sight (well, the old one had broken fiber anyways) and luckily sight in at their range before heading back up the mountain. This makes me want to start instinctive shooting asap!

And yesterday I drop and lose my camcorder. Haha. I'm just not even going back out there! With my luck, I don't wanna know what I'll lose next. My mind maybe..
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Give me the big woods! I like being out there with few others, it definitely separates the men from the boys!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Thanks for that update Posted Boy Gallego lol! !
I've only been hunting once, notes are in my online bow hunting journal.
http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com/t2453-waiting4fall-s-bow-hunting-journal

I typically don't really get into it until last week of October, and the weather cools down.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down