PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips For Blood Trailing & Tracking Wounded Deer

5 posters

Go down

Tips For Blood Trailing & Tracking Wounded Deer Empty Tips For Blood Trailing & Tracking Wounded Deer

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Basic info, but good for the newbies.

http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/2013/10/14/tips-for-blood-trailing-and-tracking-wounded-deer/
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tips For Blood Trailing & Tracking Wounded Deer Empty Re: Tips For Blood Trailing & Tracking Wounded Deer

Post by fallvitals Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:18 pm

One thing I always have with my is orange marker tape or toilet paper at least. If the trail gets spotty or none existent, mark the last spot and start searching.

If all hope seems gone, start searching nearby creeks and water holes.

fallvitals

Back to top Go down

Tips For Blood Trailing & Tracking Wounded Deer Empty Re: Tips For Blood Trailing & Tracking Wounded Deer

Post by DartonBoy50 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey guys, quick question. What color should the blood be if you have put a good shot on a deer with a bow? Thanks!

DartonBoy50

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 am

Bright red, and hopefully with bubbles in it. This video provides a good example of the blood color you want to see.

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TradbowInOregon Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Great video Dave! I am about to start my late season and worry about loosing a blood trail, if I'm fortunate enough to get a hit, as it rains a lot here in Oregon during the late archery season. Any tips if there is a light rain?
TradbowInOregon
TradbowInOregon
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by fallvitals Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:44 am

Light rain, hopefully the blood will stay for a bit. I try to avoid the rain when possible incase of a bad shot. Easier said than done but shot placement is the best advice for rain!

It seems in my experience, if you have killed multiple deer in the same spot , they usually tend to reverse course on that same trail they came in on. They may deviate some but they tend to head for the same area each time. So know that can help a lot, rain or shine. If questionable, just back out and wait. They likely didn't go far, bed down, bleed out some, even if they get up, they shouldn't go far and bed again. At the very least you should find the bed, and probably enough blood , perhaps congealed enough to defy the rain.

Hopefully my rambling was of some help.

fallvitals

Back to top Go down

Post by clandb Sun May 13, 2018 11:06 am

fallvitals wrote:Light rain, hopefully the blood will stay for a bit. I try to avoid the rain when possible incase of a bad shot. Easier said than done but shot placement is the best advice for rain!

It seems in my experience, if you have killed multiple deer in the same spot , they usually tend to reverse course on that same trail they came in on. They may deviate some but they tend to head for the same area each time. So know that can help a lot, rain or shine. If questionable, just back out and wait. They likely didn't go far, bed down, bleed out some, even if they get up, they shouldn't go far and bed again. At the very least you should find the bed, and probably enough blood , perhaps congealed enough to defy the rain.

Hopefully my rambling was of some help.
Thanks for the useful information
clandb
clandb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down