PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What To Do

4 posters

Go down

What To Do Empty What To Do

Post by SlowBow Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:56 pm

So, you may have seen my video Public Land Treestand Placement in the vids section,that I shot over the off season, with tips for scouting up a good spot on public land.
http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com/f104-public-land-bowhunter-s-vids

At the end, I suggest another video may follow, with in season scouting tips if your first picks turn into duds. I actually had a very slow sit the other day, and about 13:00 I climbed down and got busy filming the intro to the next one.

The problem being, is that I would feel like I was cheating if I filmed this video on an area I have past experience with. So I'm toying with the idea of heading to the mountains, and spending a few days scouting and hunting, hopefully taking a deer on another area I have never hunted before,like I do in the first video.

The problem being, is that I only have limited time to hunt, and that's during the rut. I could go to old reliables, and kill deer. But OTOH, I really want to film this video. But I could strike out and come up with no deer and no video. I'm trying to lean on faith. Just torn as to what direction to go in.

Last edited by SlowBow on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because you can't trust auto-correct)
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

What To Do Empty Re: What To Do

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:55 pm

It's a better story, in my opinion, if you were to kill an animal your "First Time In" to a new area. At the very least you/we get to see new areas, and ya just never know til you give it shot.

I did the same thing in this video, just never got shot opportunity. Either way, I will look forward to the video as I know it will be good stuff.

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Go for it! That is what I would definitely want to see and it would give me hope. Of course it could end up no deer or film, but you would learn from it and so would your viewers. That's pretty much the scenario for me whenever I step foot on public land. I've only been hunting them for the past 2 years so it is still a learning process. I look to your videos for knowledge whether you take a deer or not doesn't matter to me. It is all part of hunting.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 pm

I appreciate the vote of confidence! I was reflecting on this tonight, while perched in a tree. Thinking that I would probably enjoy some new scenery anyways, even if it does cost me a day of rut hunting to scout,and I strike out. So then I heard Dana's crossbow sound off, with a quick resounding thwack right afterwards. That pretty much cemented it for me. 7 in the icebox means there is no pressure for meat this year, so I think this is what I'm going to do.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:55 am

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Wow, 7!? You guys must eat deer three times a week or more. I consider myself lucky if I get 1 each year. I'd like 2-3.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Good luck either way. Can't wait to see the next video!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Posted Boy Gallego wrote:Wow, 7!? You guys must eat deer three times a week or more. I consider myself lucky if I get 1 each year. I'd like 2-3.
I've only taken 2 doe, mainly to qualify for a bonus buck should I score a set of antlers this fall. Dana, however, is BRUTAL. In the deer dictionary, beside grim reaper, there is a picture of her. I spend more time cutting her deer than I do hunting some years.

Yes, our meat consumption is 90% free-range venison. We go out for a steak every now and then, but deer, it's what's for diner around here. We'll be sharing another recipe, my sons Rosemary Tenderloins in a coming Camochair video. This stuff is great, quick and easy to prepare. Had to twist his arm, but I have a very short hunt that Dana self filmed, only a few minutes, really not much more than the deer getting shot and a short bloodtrail. It's perfect for a cooking end segment. Should have that out as soon as he has time to come over and film it, a coupla 3 weeks probably.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Awesome, I can't wait for the Rosemary Tenderloin recipe. First thing we do when we kill a deer is eat the tenderloin same night. Tradition. Never tried cooking with Rosemary so will be interesting.

LoL, she has you cutting it up more than hunting hehe. They always manage to keep us busy Razz
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Wait, 3 weeks! If you don't mind could you pm me the recipe? I hope to get something in the next 3 weeks, I hope!
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:20 pm

I'd like to, but like I say, I'm only partially familiar with it myself, I'm not 100% on cooking it. Get it up as quick as possible. I can put the first half together now, and just film and edit the cooking segment fairly quickly from there. I'm hoping to get him over here to do it this weekend.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum