PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mechanical broad head

3 posters

Go down

Mechanical broad head  Empty Mechanical broad head

Post by TBurgee Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 am

I shoot a Hoyt havoc xt 2000 (or something along that line) and recently shot a small doe at 30 yards, firstly I noticed poor penetration even though it was a decent shot, should have been a lung/heart shot.... Luckily the deer was mortally wounded and died in sight. However on examining the arrow, it appears my mechanical braid head only had one blade open.... Is this common? I suspect a slightly worse shot wound have only wounded a bigger deer, and that's not what I am after! Clean, quick kills.

TBurgee

Back to top Go down

Mechanical broad head  Empty Re: Mechanical broad head

Post by DirtyGator Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 pm

What type of Mechanical broad head are You using? I know You said poor penetration, did the broad head make it through the deer? some mechanicals look like the blades didn't open after coming to an abrupt stop and closing a blade or two. Did the wound show only one blade open?
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:28 pm

I think the broadhead probably opened if the deer died within sight. Also when they hit the ground or hit anything hard they will close back.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down