PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements)

3 posters

Go down

Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements) Empty Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements)

Post by bowonly Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:49 am

I'm sure my new nickname will be baby killer but my time in Missouri this year was sad as far as deer movement goes. I saw very little in my 11 day stay. Here's the first story. This day found me perched in an oak overlooking a crossing beat down with traffic and littered with several fresh scrapes. 3 great bucks had been seen in this general area by another member of our group. As dawn broke I caught movement at the crossing...it was a nice doe (or so I thought)..I gave one more look to make sure and then let the landshark loose. I heard the unmistakeable lung punch and knew a quick end would come. The deer made 2 bounds into some nearby brush then stopped. I could hear it cough a few times and then a thud as it fell over. I stayed on stand for awhile hoping to double up and I ended up getting some short video of a forkhorn that wandered by. I was very disappointed when I walked up on this dink of a spike instead of a nice fat doe. Not what I came to Missouri to kill. Oh well, it's meat.

Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements) MObrokenspike2013_zps0254c467

Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements) MObrokenspike2013-2_zps97d3be6c

This was the last evening I was to be in Mizzou. With the lack of sightings I was, at this point, getting desparate and just about willing to shoot anything. I had just gotten a text from my hunting buddy saying that he had just killed a young 8pt. I started gathering my gear to get down and help with the drag when I hear footsteps in the dry leaves. I turn to see 2 young deer approaching my position at the edge of the clover plot. There are a lot of young saplings in the area so I have to wait til the deer gets to within 15yds before I have a clear shot. I stick the lead deer and watch it nose dive after a 25yd run. The second deer never moved so I nock another arrow but could never get a clear shot before it left. Score #2 for the baby killer.

Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements) MObutton2013_zpsc1b66e3f
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements) Empty Re: Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements)

Post by TradbowInOregon Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Congrats on your deer! I have yet to harvest a deer so, I am shooting the first legal one that comes along. In my unit it is one deer only meaning buck, doe or fawn.
TradbowInOregon
TradbowInOregon

Back to top Go down

Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements) Empty Re: Missouri public land kills (not one of my crowning achievements)

Post by TBurgee Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:58 am

i've gotten a little one two years in a row now. the one this year was practically in diapers. my wife asked if next year I was just going to run down a pregnant doe and slice the baby out of her. LOL. hoping the late season will be kind to me.

TBurgee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down