PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Season Scouting

2 posters

Go down

In Season Scouting Empty In Season Scouting

Post by SlowBow Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:19 pm

I filmed this on public land the past few weeks. If your original stand choices are not paying off, try some of these tips to scout out a new location and put yourself back in the middle of the action!
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

In Season Scouting Empty Re: In Season Scouting

Post by Pinch Point Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Great video!! A lot of very good and basic info there, keeping it very simple I love it. Your sir, are on top of the game great job.
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks Pinch Point! Maybe I'll be a bit quicker on the draw next time, one can only hope!
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:24 pm

great video - agree totally also on the point of not crossing deer trails - we never do - in fact 90% of our public land stand entry is developed using water - we much prefer entering as you did with waders - hip boots - kayaks - canoe - johnboat - ANYTHING but a normal walk in entry. Super ethics by the way passing until you get the shot you want.
<><
<---------------------<<<<<<<

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Another good entry I didn't touch on in this video is terrain. Really steep terrain. Like water, deer will go in it and climb it, if necessary, but they really don't like or want to. If you can find deer using a flat on the edge of a steep or sheer climb, that's another good way to get to a stand and keep it fresh.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down