PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who all is pursuing game with Traditional equipment?

+6
Waiting4Fall
motfus
hoyt
tpcowfish
Bulldog18
Backwaters Bowhunter
10 posters

Go down

Who all is pursuing game with Traditional equipment? Empty Who all is pursuing game with Traditional equipment?

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Just curious as to who all is pursuing game with traditional equipment? This is my first season to carry my longbow instead of my compound for the entire bow season.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Who all is pursuing game with Traditional equipment? Empty Re: Who all is pursuing game with Traditional equipment?

Post by Bulldog18 Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Sold my compound after last deer season and haven't looked back. Traditional only for me.

Bulldog18

Back to top Go down

Who all is pursuing game with Traditional equipment? Empty Re: Who all is pursuing game with Traditional equipment?

Post by tpcowfish Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:43 am

recurve only, but not getting the time I would like to,

tpcowfish
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Flintlocks and recurves.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:58 pm

thanks for the input guys
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:59 pm

shot recurves mid 70s into early 90s - then went to flatbows and longbows and have since 92 I think hunted predominantly with straight limb bows and I much prefer these for most hunting. We still run recurves for our stingray and alligator hunting - but that is more so we can keep bowfishing equipment ready at all times not flipping anything back and forth. We like using our old widows for bowfishing and these have held up very well even in and around saltwater.

For me hunting with traditional tackle IS hunting. I doubt I would hunt if it were not for trad bows. I was mesmerized by recurves in the 60s and basically never got over it. Smile

working with a 67#@27 robertson stykbow purist 64" long. and a 70#@27" Silvertip longbow 66" both bows are very accurate totally dependable - quick - silent - deadly

<><
<---------------------<<<<<<<<

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:05 am

Those are some nice set ups. I'm currently hunting with a #45 Samick Sage, I also have a #45 take down longbow 60" made by Jeff Carter.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by motfus Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:12 am

I have a red wing 58 inches & 45 lb draw.
also have my compound, but Im planning on selling or trading it for a recurve. It's a pse at 70 lbs, and im pushing 70, so thedraw weight is beginning to be too much... really think I'm going back to traditional 100%. That's what inspired me into this sport back in the 60's to begin with.
tom
motfus
motfus

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:54 pm

That's pretty good, I've heard good things about the red wings. I have taken deer with my compound, but I haven't taken any with my longbow or recurve yet.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:23 pm

You know how I roll.  Wink 
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SwampGhost Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:24 am

On my fourth season of Trad only. Can't see me going back to wheels. I do have a hawken 50 cal muzzle loader given to me by my late friend that I will try to take a deer with. I'm shooting a Zona recurve 52#@26" 58"amo
Best of luck to everyone

SwampGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:22 am

Sounds like a nice set up. Those kind of gifts seem to carry a lot of sentimental value.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by illianabowhnter67 Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Gotta Bob Lee recurve and a Thunderbird longbow.Taken small game with them still trying to get a deer.

illianabowhnter67

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Tried a compound for one season 15 yrs ago; didn't like it. Grabbed a recurve the following year and killed a deer with it and been hooked ever since. Recurves and longbows for me. I have hunted with several old Bear recurves but my favorite is my 70# Fred Bear t/d. I also have hunted with my 70# Pacific Yew longbow but favor my recurve for various reasons. I also use the old green Fred Bear broadheads; IMHO the best broadhead ever made!
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Sorry I am late to the party all. been kinda busy..

I have this many recurves [holding up hands with fingers showing].

been shootin' since I was a tyke. I took the original Bear Kodiak my dad [RIP] got me and have tuned it for my Son. this will be his first ""serious"" year as a youngin' to go-a-huntin'.....

Maybe some of us will cross paths in the woods...]heheh - provided you c me before I smell you Rolling Eyes [

Sad
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down