PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's Addicted to Trailcams?

+5
Saxton
whitetailwick
Parkersdad
DirtyGator
SwampGhost
9 posters

Go down

Who's Addicted to Trailcams? Empty Who's Addicted to Trailcams?

Post by SwampGhost Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:39 pm

How many do you have?
I'm not sure how many I have because they are never all in the same place long enough for me to count. I left 4 out on the place I hunt in Kansas, I have around 8 out on the wma near home. 5-6 not in the woods in my shop and two new bushnell's just came via Ups and I'm itching to order another lol

SwampGhost

Back to top Go down

Who's Addicted to Trailcams? Empty Re: Who's Addicted to Trailcams?

Post by DirtyGator Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:22 pm

I have two. One ive used for a couple of Years and just got another for Christmas. You, My friend, dont miss much. Do Ya?
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:10 am

I bought two this year and turned around and sold them. This has been my worst year for hunting public land. I think when you go in the woods checking the cameras all the time you screw up a lot of good deer habit. Every time I had a deer on camera they were looking at the camera like they were startled. That is just my opinion though

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetailwick Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:13 am

Im scared to put one on public land. Ive got on I use at home and love it,check it once a week..

whitetailwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Saxton Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:32 am

I use mine on public land. I just go through the pains of lock box and cable. I know this will not stop the true theif. But it stops the punk that wanders upon my camera and says; "look what I found." Plus I am not going to let the fear of loosing a camera deter me from enjoying it.

As for checking them. I will set one up in an area I plan on hunting before season. I will check it on my first sit of that stand. If I do not have any daytime pictures or not very many pictures. I will not waste time hunting that stand.

If I have a productive sight, I will only check the camera when I arrive/leave the stand.

Saxton

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 pm

I keep a few out on the National Forest land I hunt behind my house. Even though I don't ever see anybody else back in there people do hunt the edges so I will take them out during spring gobble and deer gun season.

I killed a cowhorn spike a few wks ago with my recurve and put a camera on the carcass (I boned and packed the meat out) after I saw two bobcats coming from that direction when I was hunting fairly close to it.

In about a wks time a got over 500 pictures of a two groups of bobcats..a pair and big female with 3 or 4 cubs. Either a Golden or Bald Eagle..a wild dog or coydog, coyotes, deer, redtail hawks and a crow.

Two sequences of a bobcat fighting a coyote and running one off.

I like this picture best of any I got this yr..not a big buck..but good picture.
Who's Addicted to Trailcams? Next_zps7fbd376a

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:01 pm

I got two and sold them. I didn't see as many deer last year and I think it was because they knew I was in there.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Not a big fan. I've used them some, mainly on the private property we hunt and just to get an idea of where the deer approach from so we know what wind to hunt those locations at. On public land I don't use them. Not so much that having them stolen is a worry, though it would bother me, but I have so many spots I visit depending on what wind directs are what, and I`m familiar with how the deer relate to and travel those areas. 90% of the time, the sign itself will tell you the basics about the size and sex of the deer using those areas. No need for a photo, and as was said, no need to scent up the area checking cams. There's enough pressure out there relocating deer on public land as it is.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:43 pm

I'm going to put ONE out late this summer and leave it till bow season, just to get a sense of what kind of bucks I have the area. I agree with slowbow, dont want to disturb the area constantly checking cams.
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:49 am

Swampghost, you need professional help.  scratch 
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum