PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tntom's Bow Hunting Journal

4 posters

Go down

tntom's Bow Hunting Journal Empty tntom's Bow Hunting Journal

Post by tntom Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:14 am

It's way early but I got the bug so bad thought it might help to just start a journal for the 2014 season. So I'll do my best to keep you up on my scouting and ground blind building.

Tom

tntom

Back to top Go down

tntom's Bow Hunting Journal Empty Re: tntom's Bow Hunting Journal

Post by bowonly Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:14 am

Can't wait to start getting updates. I've got the fever bad too just can't bring myself to get out in this heat.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by TBurgee Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:42 am

u have luck from the ground on public land?

TBurgee

Back to top Go down

Post by tntom Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Going in the morning to brush up my blind at the Persimmon stand. And find a place to build a new ground blind.

Tom

tntom

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:44 am

Don't forget to take some pics! Good luck!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tntom Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Maybe next Saturday had a death in the family and had to stay close to home. thanks for the picture idea I'll try to remember.

Tom

tntom

Back to top Go down

Post by tntom Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:21 pm

Got our Saturday and brushed up a blind I call the Hay Cutting blind. Sorry I forgot to take pictures. Went today and looked at a WMA very close to town. Not a ton of deer but not many hunters either. Now to do the foot work and build a few blinds, (note to self take pictures). I may not kill a deer but this is going to be fun, I like learning new places. This place is close enough I can easy put in 2 or 3 hours in a stand after work. Also got my new to me 1967 Bear Kodiak Hunter. The old girl shoots like a dream.

tntom

Back to top Go down

Post by tntom Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Left early yesterday morning to brush a few blinds. Started with a spot I hunt over a travel gap between two large ridges. The set up is on a hillside about 20' over the trail almost like being in a treestand without the work I like this spot. Lots of fresh hog sign. Next to a gap travel stand here the brush wall is about 10' from where I set, just to keep the deer from seeing me when the drop from the ridge to the trail. This will give me about a 10 yard shot. A great place if the deer or hogs use it when I'm there. Then to the WMA I hunt most, set up 3 more places 1 over food and the other 2 on heavy used trails all about 10 yard shots. I must be a old timer I like to hunt hot trails between beds and food. Back in the 70's when I started that's about we did. It still works maybe even better with all the hunters in the woods now. Now to decide where to start. Most likely over the food because the persimmons wont last long.

Tom

tntom

Back to top Go down

Post by tntom Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Got out to my cutoff blind yesterday afternoon. This place has a well traveled trail ringing a steep ridge from thicket to cornfield with red oaks and a large chestnut along the way. Great place with 1 problem, the wind direction makes me have to set up down hill from the trail. I have a 10 yard shot through a lane to the trail where a log in the trail make the deer slow to step over. Well this old doe comes in between me and the trail at about 5 yards eating as she comes and just as she gets to where I need 3 more steps she looks right at me and stops. After what seemed like a hour of not moving she decides to go back like she came. No shot but wow having a deer that close on the ground will get the blood flowing.

tntom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down