PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commission Adopts Notice of Intent on Aerial Feral Hog Control

2 posters

Go down

Commission Adopts Notice of Intent on Aerial Feral Hog Control Empty Commission Adopts Notice of Intent on Aerial Feral Hog Control

Post by bowonly Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 am

Release Date: 07/03/2014

July 3, 2014 -- The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission (LWFC) adopted a notice of intent today for the establishment of permit regulations for aerial feral hog control.

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) developed the regulations in response to Act 592, signed by Gov. Bobby Jindal following the 2014 Legislative Session.

The act amends R.S. 56:112, to allow the taking of nuisance quadrupeds by use of aircraft. The growth of the feral hog population, and the corresponding damage that they can cause, throughout Louisiana has led to an increased interest by private landowners to use multiple methods for feral hog control.

Under the framework proposed in the NOI, an aviation company could apply for a permit from LDWF to use an aircraft to aid in the taking of feral hogs. A landowner, or a group of landowners, would have to contact LDWF and provide authorization to a permit holder to take hogs on their property/properties. Additionally, the landowner(s) could provide permission to the aviation company to use “subagents”, such as gunners or observers, to directly participate in hog control activity. The proposed regulations also outline safety training that subagents must complete prior to commencement of aerial hog control activity.

To view the full notice of intent, please visit http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/action-items.

Interested persons may submit written comments relative to the proposed rule to Camille Warbington, LDWF Wildlife Division, Post Office Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000, or cwarbington@wlf.la.gov prior to Aug. 30, 2014.

The Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana's abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Commission Adopts Notice of Intent on Aerial Feral Hog Control Empty Re: Commission Adopts Notice of Intent on Aerial Feral Hog Control

Post by Cbigbear Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:00 pm

That does it, I'm going to go ahead & pull the trigger on that helicopter I've been wanting!!!!!
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Commission Adopts Notice of Intent on Aerial Feral Hog Control Empty Re: Commission Adopts Notice of Intent on Aerial Feral Hog Control

Post by bowonly Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:59 am

Ok big money. Maybe you can contract yourself out to WLF when they get started with this.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down