PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for Early-Season Bucks on Public Land

4 posters

Go down

Tips for Early-Season Bucks on Public Land Empty Tips for Early-Season Bucks on Public Land

Post by Waiting4Fall Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:41 am

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2014/08/tips-for-early-season-bucks-on-public-land?src=SOC&dom=fb
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tips for Early-Season Bucks on Public Land Empty Re: Tips for Early-Season Bucks on Public Land

Post by cityhunter Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:08 am

One that I will add is to hunt bad weather. On 2 separate hunts this year in bad weather I saw multiple deer sightings. One day was raining off and on the entire day with a few small downpours and the other was a 20+mph wind day. No hunters or hikers in the woods equals more deer sightings.

Another tip I use on one piece I hunt that has hiking trails is that I use the hikers as my deer drivers. There is a huge oak flat that a hiking trails goes directly through. Almost like clockwork when the hikers come through at about 9am they jump deer off of that flat into the thick stuff. Just gotta know where they run and their escape routes. Pressure on public land can be helpful if you use it resourcefully.

cityhunter

Back to top Go down

Tips for Early-Season Bucks on Public Land Empty Re: Tips for Early-Season Bucks on Public Land

Post by Parkersdad Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:39 am

That article has a lot of correct information. The one thing I would add is the days that are really windy get out there. I have killed more deer in Highwind then I can shake a stick at.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:38 pm

I agreewith Parkersdad. My dad and grandpa never hunted windy days, my dad still doesn't. I never really understood that. To me, your odds are always better if you spend as much time in the woods as you possibly can; Regardless of weather, wind, time of day, time of season, etc.
A few of my best bucks were arrowed on 20+ even 30+ mph days. The buck pictured in my "$20 Deer Mount" post was killed on one of the windiest days I've ever hunted. One thing I'll add though is when it's that windy I do NOT climb up into a tree. I'm a pretty die-hard ground hunter anyway, but when it's really howling I keep both feet on the ground!
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down