PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy from North West CT, Saying Hello!

4 posters

Go down

New guy from North West CT, Saying Hello! Empty New guy from North West CT, Saying Hello!

Post by chrisfromNW-CT Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi everyone here on PLBH's! My name is Chris and I'm living in the Northwest corner of CT (I know, I know, could I have possibly picked a worse place, concerning taxes/regulations and general blue blood flowing through my fellow statesmen, to call my home? Dare I say that there aren't to many places around the country that could compete with CT when it comes to useless gun laws aimed at making it as difficult as possible for citizens to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and tax rates that make you shudder when thoughts of them cross you mind, but something is really surprising about CT and hunting here. There is quite a bit of public hunting land and from experience I can tell you that the last bastion of rational thought in the state agencies is the CT DEEP and the Wildlife devision contained with in it! When I saw this with my own 2 eyes I almost had a heart attack!! Anyway, this is my first season hunting with a bow (PSE Drive LT 70# 30.5inDL) on CTs public hunting areas in the NW corner of the state. Ive been shooting around 150 arrows a week in preparation for the last 4-5months and I can not wait to put a sly, vary mature 9 point (sly 9 as he has been dubbed) that I have been chasing since I laid eyes on him during the first week of state land bow season, Ive got him pretty much nailed down and the area he's in isn't seeing any other pressure than me sneaking in there a couple days a week when the winds right. He just needs to make that one mistake and put himself inside my 35-40 yard comfort zone, up until now either he's got a sixth sense or he is under some sort of divine providence because he has managed to come inside of 20yards twice, and yet offer me no shot -_- Im going after all turkey too and coyote if the opportunity presents it self. I though I'd say high and give a little insight on my battle that has developed over my first bow season on state land. I hope there is going to be a lot I can learn from all of you and that I can, maybe help some others out too. Stay up wind guys sincerely, from the new guy Chris out of NW-CT

chrisfromNW-CT

Back to top Go down

New guy from North West CT, Saying Hello! Empty Re: New guy from North West CT, Saying Hello!

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:24 am

Awesome post, welcome!!! Smile
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New guy from North West CT, Saying Hello! Empty Re: New guy from North West CT, Saying Hello!

Post by chrisfromNW-CT Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:40 am

Thank you, and thanks for the welcome!

chrisfromNW-CT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Welcome aboard, glad you're here!! Thanks for the post on bear thoughts, good thoughts.
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisfromNW-CT Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Pinch Point, thanks for the welcome! And the bears oh the bears! Theres so many of them here its becoming a really big problem, I was talking with one of our local game wardens (DEEP Wildlife officers) and had quite the conversation about the bears and the talk going on in the DEEP about pushing for a black bear season. Turns out they are so over populated that the bores aren't stopping at infanticide, they are killing the sows too! Needless to say thats not good, and the sows have responded by become ultra-agressive toward bores, raising the likelihood of attacks on hikers/hunters (as they move through brush) due to mistaken identity. I just hope its not going to take a fatal attack for them to get into gear on this. Anyway, thanks for the welcome! I hope I can learn for you guys and help out others too! Good luck out there!

chrisfromNW-CT

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Welcome, I joined the forum not long. These guys have some good topics. Taking deer on public land with a bow is a defiantly rewarding.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down