PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIA for the 2014 rut

3 posters

Go down

MIA for the 2014 rut Empty MIA for the 2014 rut

Post by SlowBow Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:09 am

Well guys, sorry if I've been MIA during this years rut. Today is the first in 7 I have been able to take a seat here at the keyboard. I began my 2014 rut hunt with two weeks off and big expectations. Hunted three days, almost got a shot on a nice buck, and planned to reposition for a run at him in two days when the wind was right again. Hunted the next day with my son and wife, my son shot a buck as it started to rain and snow, so we decided to track in the morning. As we started our search, I bent over to clear a low hanging brach and got knocked off my feet. Surging pain in my lower back dropped me to my knees, everything went black and I almost passed out. I could not regain my footing and stand up. Yes, I know it's cliche, but I had fallen and could not get up.

With the help of my son and a large limb, I was able to make it back to the truck. Been flat on my back all week, today is the first day I have been relatively pain free moving about, or sitting in a chair, and have high hopes this is going to clear up without further difficulty, being just a bad spasm and not the more serious slipped disc.

Hope this finds you all enjoying the season, I will be back in action just as soon as I feel comfortable carrying the gear, drawing my bow, and using my climber again. Although I may be looking for a bit of help dragging deer for a while.

Good hunting to you all!
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

MIA for the 2014 rut Empty Re: MIA for the 2014 rut

Post by DirtyGator Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:55 am

Sorry to hear that, Hope it passes and You have a speedy recovery.
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Get well soon!! I missed one whole season in 2006, I can feel your pain. I lost about 16 inches of colon was down for 8 to 10 weeks.
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down