PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.I.Y. Heater Body Suit

2 posters

Go down

D.I.Y. Heater Body Suit Empty D.I.Y. Heater Body Suit

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Hey men,

Anyone ever tried to make their own Heater Body Suit? I made my own version today. Just wondered if I was the onle one who has attempted this. I hear they work great but the $360 price tag is a real deal breaker for this guy. Thats more than I paid for my bow so I can't see spending that much on one. I think this one will work great.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

D.I.Y. Heater Body Suit Empty Re: D.I.Y. Heater Body Suit

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Sorry for the bad image quality... I bought a $30 quilted camo sleeping bag from Dunham's sports. I re-folded it so the zipper was in the center, then I hand sewed each side of the top and left just enough of an opening for my head. Then I undid the zipper at the bottom just enough so I could center it like the top. Then sewed the entire bottom, and sewed around the bottom of the zipper to ensure it can't be unzipped too far. This camo pattern is not my top choice, but the fabric is a duck fabric similar to Carhart and it is camo on both sides. Wich is better than all the other ones I looked at, they were only camo on the front and they had noisy nylon fabric. Total cost was $30 for the sleeping bag and may $3 for the needle and thread. Took me about one hour to make.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by DIY_guy Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:37 pm

I made my own. Rather than trying to copy the many many photos to this site, I will direct you to where all the photos and instructions reside. http://ronkulas.proboards.com/thread/242/diy-warm-suit-hunting

DIY_guy
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Oh nooooooo, Bahaha that design is far too complicated for a simple fellow like myself. Thank you Smile
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down