PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting?

5 posters

Go down

what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting? Empty what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting?

Post by Northwoodslayer Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:57 pm

What kinds of clothing are you all wearing bowhunting? I mix and match all kinds of clothes. If it's very cold, I wear my Columbia wool. I have the complete set except for the bibs. You can layer with it as well. I wear Under Armor and Gander Mtn. underwear then layer with fleece clothing. I have a set of snow camo from Mad Dog (parka w/ bibs) that goes well with the underwear/ fleece system. I also wear clothing from Mountain Hardware and The North Face that works great. If the wearther is warm (50's-30's) I wear chamois pants and shirts in Mossy Oak Break-Up camo. I look for freedom of movement and quiet clothing.
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting? Empty Re: what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I have 2 sets of camo (2 shirts, 2 pants and camo overalls), I mostly ware earth tones and plaid.

Back to top Go down

what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting? Empty Re: what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting?

Post by TradbowInOregon Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:34 pm

We have an early season, last weekend in Aug. to the last weekend in Sept. so, weather is pretty warm. I dress light.

If you don't connect on an animal, you get a second chance during the late season. Late Nov. to early Dec. For this I dress in layers and most of the time I wear some kind of wool.
TradbowInOregon
TradbowInOregon

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:02 pm

I love old school stuff. Wool plaid, & home made stuff too. I do like 3D leafy wear also.

This is my favorite. $3 Walmart shirt, fake leaves, & spray paint. Killed 3 deer in it so far.
what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting? 2011-10-31194659

what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting? 2011-10-31194614

what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting? KGrHqFi0E6IUU6Y6jBOuIHQM460_12

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Saddle clothe pants that I got from Cabelas about 12 years ago. They have been repaired numerous times. No burrs, the best. Wish I could get another pair. I have a bunch of wool clothes. Some plaid and some camo. I have a set of bibs and a vest in the Cabelas Outfitter with Gore tex. Great stuff in the wind.
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Dave, i ABSOLUTELY loved Trebark camo, especially the pattern you have! I think it is one of the all time best! I had a set of fleece trebark greys that when I wore them, it seemed the animals looked right past me. I have been experimenting with different weight fleece clothing in black, green and browns that really are amazing! I have found that if you use the shadows and movelike a chamelion, you can get really close to animals. I do alot of my scouting as I hunt, many times sneaking into bow range of animals.
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by tpcowfish Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 pm

My best find this year would be merino wool base layer's, I tried the first lite , and they are great. Warm, and odorless when ya do work up a little sweat. A little expensive, but work great, i get cold easy, and didn't have that problem this year with the wool. Always looking for a better set of outers that are warm ,quiet, and form fitting , to bow hunt with

tpcowfish
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down