PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Year Can Only Be Better Than This Year!

3 posters

Go down

Next Year Can Only Be Better Than This Year! Empty Next Year Can Only Be Better Than This Year!

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Well, the post title says it all for me. I can honestly say this season did NOT pan out how I wanted it to. To start, A good friend and I planned and took a trip to Ohio for the first time, spent a lot of money and time scouting and hunting, and we saw zero deer because it was so hot there. Then, here in my home state of Michigan, the HUGE bumper crop of acorns that I originally thought would be awesome actually proved to make patterning and finding the deer extremely difficult. They just seemed to be wandering all the time. I did see a few good deer that I wanted, however it seemed everytime I was about to have an opportunity at a good deer, something would go wrong. I also had a couple stands stolen, which is partly why I'll be mainly ground hunting from now on. I spent more time in the woods than I ever have before and hunted more areas than I ever had, to which gave no results. Near the end of season I reminded myself that it is about the experience and time in the woods not just about "getting something" and I do still truly believe that. However, on the way to what was to be my last hunt, to just try for a doe to feed my family with, I hit a patch of icy road and careened off the road and into some trees. Praise God I walked away unscathed, But my truck is dunnzo. Despite the rough season I'm already looking to next season with good spirits and I'm looking at it as "now no matter how bad of a hunting season I have, I'll always be able to say I've had worse" LOL.  

Please don't mistake this post as a ploy to try and get sympathy or anything, just thought if someone had a rough season maybe this would make them feel a little better and let them know they were not alone in their archery season struggles.

......And one positive I'm hoping for is that my truck is totalled so I can get a new one! Very Happy
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Next Year Can Only Be Better Than This Year! Empty Re: Next Year Can Only Be Better Than This Year!

Post by SlowBow Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:55 pm

Glad you were not injured! That's what really matters. Don't sweat the small stuff, things will come back around for you. With a little luck, you'll be able to put some blood in your new truck next fall!
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Next Year Can Only Be Better Than This Year! Empty Re: Next Year Can Only Be Better Than This Year!

Post by cityhunter Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:11 pm

I'm from Ohio and will say that this season has been pretty slow. I did kill my biggest buck to date this year but besides him all I saw were yearlings and not many deer. I still have a few late season hunts left in me but I doubt I will be shooting a doe due to low nnumbers. Been hunting smaller tracks of public and they are getting way too crowded. Going to do some major scouting this off season.

cityhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down