PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torn Bicep :( .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall!

+2
bowonly
DirtyGator
6 posters

Go down

Torn Bicep :(  .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall! Empty Torn Bicep :( .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall!

Post by madeforthewoods Wed May 20, 2015 3:56 pm

Well, This past Saturday evening I tore my right bicep, which is my draw arm for my bow (I'm right-handed). I guess I'd rather it be now than in September. Re-attachment surgery will be Tuesday and I'll be useless for awhile. Gonna use the down time away from work and everything to do A LOT of scouting and probably put a lot of different posts up on PLBH. I am normally in the gym 5 days a week so I need to do something anyway to make sure I don't turn into a fat blob LOL. My goal is to be shooting my bow again 90 days after surgery. Just thought this would make for an interesting topic....
Attachments
Torn Bicep :(  .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall! Attachment
arm.jpg Here's the huge clunker they put on my armYou don't have permission to download attachments.(16 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by madeforthewoods on Thu May 28, 2015 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Torn Bicep :(  .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall! Empty Re: Torn Bicep :( .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall!

Post by DirtyGator Thu May 28, 2015 12:17 am

Well, I hope You make your goal. Great way to spend some down time though.
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Torn Bicep :(  .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall! Empty Re: Torn Bicep :( .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall!

Post by bowonly Fri May 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Praying for your speedy recovery.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Fri May 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Thank you very much my friend
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Cast off today. Still gotta wear a sling for a month Sad  and do slow easy stretches 4 times a day. No using the arm to pick up anything or with any type of resistance. But at least the big clunky cast is gone and now I can get out and do some scouting.
Attachments
Torn Bicep :(  .... Surgery, Recovery, Hopefully Back to Normal by Fall! Attachment
arm2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(23 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Sorry to hear you injured yourself, hope you make a full recovery. But don't exclude a crossbow for hunting if need be. I know there's a lot of bad publicity surrounding the use of the old xbow.But if it came right down to it, and it was that or not hunt, I'd be gearing up with bolts and the old cross gun right quick.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Yes I have already prepared myself for that possibility. I have a nice crossbow my son started out with and my daughter will eventually use. So I know it shoots true and is in tune. I am not even going to attempt drawing any bow until September 1st. I will start with very low poundage, and if I cannot be ready by October then crossbow it is.

P.S. -- I also may try shooting lefthanded if I cannot draw with my right hand
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Slow, steady recovery my friend. Torn bicep is no joke. I hope you keep feeling better daily.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Thank you very much. I am reminding myself to take it slow with my recovery. It still baffles me that I tore it. I semi-retired from professional MMA fighting about 2 years ago. But I decided to fight one last time because they were having an MMA event very close to home and I really wanted to compete in front of my home crown of friends and family. I won my fight in just 32 seconds of the first round but tore my right bicep in the progress. The injury was worth it to me though to have the opportunity to compete in the cage one last time in front of all my family and close friends. My two best friends and my mentor in my corner, my wife and both kids in the audience, along with my dad, my brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, even my grandpa got to watch. So it was definitely worth it to me. Now I just gotta keep up on the healing process. I'm looking for longevity with it so easy does it for me.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Scouted today!!!! It was so awesome being in the deer woods with my kids. We checked four new spots and made some simple ground blinds at three of them. I cannot wait to try these spots. These areas are completely devoid of human activity from what I can tell. This spot pictured with my son looks great; its about 20 yards out from an inside corner of a super thick swamp. I found multiple trails going thru the immediated area and rubs from last year. The prevailing winds will be in my favor and I can access it well without disturbing the deer.
It was nice to get out of the house and move around Smile

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."  2 Peter 1:3
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Well, I lied!
I couldn't wait until 90 days after surgery to shoot a bow. I'm able to draw a 50lb compound and shoot it ok. And I could shoot my 50lb Bear Recurve as well. I intend to continue the easy and slow recovery process and only shoot a couple times per week. I can be satisfied shooting 50lbs, if I can draw more by fall then great, if not 50 is more than enough to kill a deer. Hopefully back to work this week.
Attachments
scars.jpg Got some nice scars nowYou don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by scrub buck Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Good to hear! 50 pounds will do the job just fine

scrub buck

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Well the orthopedic surgeon says no work for another month. Wants me to play it safe and not risk tearing it off again until its fully healed... I didn't tell him I've been shooting my bow tho LOL. Thing nice thing is more time at home with the kiddos during their summer break, more time to scout and prepare for the upcoming fall Very Happy
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down