PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making my First R/D Longbow and I'm Pumped!!!

Go down

Making my First R/D Longbow and I'm Pumped!!! Empty Making my First R/D Longbow and I'm Pumped!!!

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Well this has been on my Bucket List for a few years now, and hopefully I can finally cross it off. Started my first real R/D Longbow build this morning. Just finished the initial glue up. It's hard maple backed with red oak. The handle is purple heart and a small strip of poplar. The strip of poplar is only for decoration because it has some very dark green color in it. Thought it would add to the contrast. I'm also going to put purple heart on the limb tips. All my wood was purchased as whole square lumber, this was not a kit. I wanted to do everything myself. I'm hoping I can get it completed perfectly and use it to kill a deer this year! If anyone is considering building your own bow all I can say is DO IT! it is truly exhilarating knowing that you are creating your own personal bowhunting masterpiece. Make time for it, it is worth it Smile
Attachments
Making my First R/D Longbow and I'm Pumped!!! Attachment
bow glue up.jpg Sorry for my messy garage! LOLYou don't have permission to download attachments.(49 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Making my First R/D Longbow and I'm Pumped!!! Empty Re: Making my First R/D Longbow and I'm Pumped!!!

Post by madeforthewoods Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Day 2; rough cut the overall shape and got the tillering very close. Now for the LONG & LENGTHY rasping and sanding process!
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Making my First R/D Longbow and I'm Pumped!!! Empty Re: Making my First R/D Longbow and I'm Pumped!!!

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Well disregard this post. The upper limb snapped on me yesterday LOL. Back to square one..... or I may just buy one already made. scratch
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down