PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your weapon & ammo setup?

+6
Last Arrow
Parkersdad
scrub buck
DirtyGator
bowonly
madeforthewoods
10 posters

Go down

What's your weapon & ammo setup? Empty What's your weapon & ammo setup?

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Figured this might get some good equipment convo & comparisson going...

Mine is a Mathews Reezen 7.0 with no sights, a Ripcord arrow rest, a hip quiver filled with Xecutioner Broadheads on Easton Camo Hunter 2219 Aluminum arrows, that's right I said heavy 2219 aluminums baby! 600 grains of hard-hittin penetration Very Happy
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

What's your weapon & ammo setup? Empty Re: What's your weapon & ammo setup?

Post by bowonly Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:56 pm

I'm shooting a Mathews Monster MR6, NAP Apache rest, G5 Optix XR sight, Scott Lil Goose release, slinging Carbon Express Mutiny 350 arrows tipped with 160gr Simmons Land Shark broadheads. Deer lung rippin death machine.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyGator Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:52 pm

This year I will be using My low buck bow, Ive spent some time with it this summer and it has moved back up the list.
Diamond Outlaw, Qad Hdx ultra rest, HHA optimizer lite,
Easton Bloodline with NAP Killzone Maxx's.
Took a Hogg with it a couple weeks ago, decent size, and I dont think the arrow ever slowed down. Matter of fact I fully expect the arrow to be making it back to the future any moment now, If My calculations are correct. lol!
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by scrub buck Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:18 am

Bowtech Destroyer 350 Black Gold sight Ripcord rest Stokerized stabilizer Easton full metal jacket arrows and NAP Spitfire broadheads

scrub buck

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 pm

I shoot a Hoyt Vector Turbo.  I shoot Beman ICS hunters and Slick Trick broadbeads. I use a HHA Optimizer sight and a QAD Ultrarest

Last edited by Parkersdad on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Arrow Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:13 pm

45 lb 1966 Bear Kodiak with Axis arrows with a weighted grizzly or zwicky head. Total arrow weight about 610 grns.

Last Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Mathews creed with QAD arrow rest and spott Hogg Tommy Hogg sights, 5575 Gold Tip XT Hunters. They quit makin ma broadhead so ill be doin somethin different in that department.i do like the executioners tho. Also 50lb Quinn Stallion, 500 spine easton axis arrows with either a 145 grn landshark or a 145grn muzzy phantom, the bow likes both pretty well
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:33 pm

I'll be using one of my recurves. Will start out with Border Covert Hunter w/Hex 7 limbs shooting Easton FMJ 340's with Simmons 190grs Tree Sharks. Total arrow weight right at 625grs.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:02 am

65lb Hoyt vector set up with QAD ultra rest, Truglo TSX Pro Series sights. Gold tip arrows with 2 blade rage, & luminocks
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:56 pm

Mathews ZXT, IQ bow sights, Ripcord arrow rest, Victory arrows, 100grn Grim Reaper White-tail special, and lunenocks. Oh and a release I found in the woods lol
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Actually my setup has changed...
Now it's a 2002 Darton Yukon CPS, Whisker Biscuit dead shot rest, Cobra 3 pin sight, Cabelas Carbon Arrows with Lumenocks, Xecutioner Broadheads and a Tru Ball release I modified.

I changed my setup because for one I love the way this bow shoots and feels, I don't care if it's old I just care how well I shoot it. Secondly, I went back to using sights instead of instinctive because it actually took me longer to get set and shoot when I was going instinctive, I shot fine it was just slower.

And I went back to the carbons because of durability. I liked the heavy aluminums but they bent too easy for me. The carbons I shoot are on the heavy side so they still accomplish the same goal pretty much.

As for the Whisker Biscuit rest, well I had a friend tell me a horror story about his drop away malfunctioning and I don't want it to happen to me. The whisker biscuit is reliable and pretty fool proof in my mind. So basically I switched my setup for shootability and reliability.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down