PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stands are underwater

4 posters

Go down

Stands are underwater Empty Stands are underwater

Post by Bchadwick1990 Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:50 am

Wondering if anyone else has the same problem in the Southeast Oklahoma area.  With all the rain we received it flooded the river that feeds the lake.  Went to scout this weekend and all my stands are under water (20ft plus up).  I don't see it coming down before season starts, will be getting on Sportsman's Guide and buying new equipment unfortunately.  Will be looking for all new public land to hunt also....
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Stands are underwater Empty Re: Stands are underwater

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:45 am

Sorry about the bad luck, that really sucks man. Oklahoma doesn't require you to remove your stands from the woods after deer season ends?
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:00 pm

No they don't but I usually take them down after season. I left two up for hog hunting and they are the ones underwater now. I'll just buy a couple cheap lock ons to replace them.
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyGator Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Well, on the bright side, I bet it makes for a interesting hunting season. I bet the deer are moving differently, maybe a opportunity in all of it. Does suck about the equipment though.
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Drag your stands are in there. But don't bet on the deer patterns being different. One of my favorite areas got flooded by a tropical system a few years back in September. Same deal, the river came up and over spread the are completely, at least ten foot of water, probably more. Hunted another area for a while, but by November you would have never known it had happened. Except for the swamps being super full and the debris ten feet up in the tree branches. Great duck hunting that year, and the deer had returned to doing things just as they had in years past like it never happened.

Last edited by SlowBow on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyGator Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:54 pm

I was speaking more of when the water was up, forcing them to move around it maybe in his favor. I see it frequently here, water comes up from a good rain season and deer move around it, sometimes on a road or trail that borders the water that you wouldnt frequently see deer. Ive got alot of learning to do.
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about that. The area I had flood was completely inundated. There was no place you could reposition, as the entire public land area was under water, of course the deer moved to the adjacent private land for a while. But I would imagine if only part of the area had been flooded, it could very well be a good thing, concentrating the deer in a smaller area and forcing them to move in the remaining cover and feed on food sources they were not used to, giving a hunter the advantage of less ground to cover.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:47 pm

Water has gone back to normal and I have been able to scout twice. Everything is brown and dead due to being underwater for so long. I have seen tracks and even a few doe. Fingers crossed the deer get back into the same routine. Wonder how the acorn crop will be this year, any have any experience with oaks being underwater for a long period of time but still producing acorns?
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down