PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scrape line or rub line?

5 posters

Go down

scrape line or rub line? Empty scrape line or rub line?

Post by primehunter Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:51 pm

I FOUND A RUB LINE AND A SCRAPE LINE ON PUBILIC LAND WICH YOU WOULD YOU HUNT OVER? AND why? Laughing
primehunter
primehunter

Back to top Go down

scrape line or rub line? Empty Re: scrape line or rub line?

Post by SlowBow Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Probably neither. The exception being if I found groups of rubs in very thick cover, indicating a buck was using the area to bed. Bucks usually scrape on doe travel routes, to advertise their presence, and most often do it at night. You'll run the risk of spooking up the does if you hunt sign like that right before the rut. The rub line would be the more likely choice, but again, if it's a a mature deer he probably did that as he was making his way from or to his bed, probably during off hours. You could try to follow it back to the thick cover he beds in though, and set up on the edge of that and try to catch him as he starts out in the evening. I usually log good sign like that as an indicator a buck is using the area, and try and pattern the does nearby, setting up downwind of where the does bed during the pre rut. The buck that made that sign will move along 50 to 100 yards downwind of where the does bed as the rut comes in scent checking for the first hot does at a distance.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by primehunter Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:15 pm

I have been hunting them for about 1 1/2 weeks with some great sighting of buck & does. buck are their at the last 45min of hunting time.
primehunter
primehunter

Back to top Go down

Post by stickbndr Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:47 pm

When seeing those signs on the WMA I hunt, I have found that is their core area. Not where the does are usually found. Have seen more Bucks "consistently" while seating up on a rub line. Set up on some real FRESH scraps to days ago, only to have three bucks come by in the area-but perpendicular to the them and the wind (but directly inline with the rubs. Go figure?!

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cajun Kamikaze Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:16 pm

I don't pay much attention to scrapes from a hunting stand point but when it comes to a rub line, I find the bedding area and find a good spot to set up

Cajun Kamikaze

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Amen to that, I'm all about bedding areas
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down