PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy

2 posters

Go down

D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy Empty D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:04 pm

So nothing aggravates me more than when I get all set to hunt from my treestand and then I drop my release, or my grunt call, or a glove, or whatever. Especially hunting from some time of climber because then you can't just run down and grab whatever you drop. So I had this idea today while in the hardware aisle at Lowe's.
Attachments
D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy Attachment
grappling hook 1.jpg These are the parts I got; a 1/4 x 4" eye bolt, a 1/4-20 wing nut, a 1/4-20 nylock nut and a pack of 4 - 1 1/2 x 5/8 corner braceYou don't have permission to download attachments.(16 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy Attachment
grappling hook 3.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by madeforthewoods on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy Empty Re: D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Take off the provided nut, and put on the 1/4-20 wing nut upside down. Then put 3 of the corner braces on, followed by the 1/4-20 nylock nut. Tighten the nylock nut until the threads of the eye bolt come thru the nylock washer a little bit. Then bend the ends of the corner braces up just enough so they can hook onto something. And now you can use the wing nut to tighten/loosen it and open it or retract it for carrying in your pocket. I made 2, one for myself and one for my buddy. Total cost for both was $7.67 and build time was 5 minutes. Gonna paint them and add them to my treestand pack.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy Empty Re: D.I.Y. Treestand Grappling/Gear-Retrieval Hook Super Handy Very Cheap and Easy

Post by stickbndr Tue May 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Great jig. That extra weight should make it easy to drop the hook right on target. I carry a 5/0 - 10/0 treble hook (barbs removed) on braided twine for retrieving items but the light weight makes it a challenge. May have to try your idea. Thanks.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Tue May 03, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks .... I may even hot glue a small magnet to mine also, might work well on things like releases, arrows (the broadhead), etc.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down