PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truck bed push pull pole

Go down

Truck bed push pull pole Empty Truck bed push pull pole

Post by DIY_guy Tue May 24, 2016 8:28 am

With the new DIY tonneau cover, the need for a reaching pole has increased. After looking at a few commercially available options we opted to make our own to combine features from a few poles on the market. Time to fire up the 3D printer again. This time to make a hook for the end of the pole.

Truck bed push pull pole IMG_3479_zpsolesz4l7

Truck bed push pull pole IMG_3478_zpsawyzcja1

Then bend a hook from a piece of EMT conduit and put the printed hook in one end and a spring detent in the other.

Truck bed push pull pole IMG_3481_zpsjtflwyls

Truck bed push pull pole IMG_3480_zps7mpw06wm

The poll will serve more than one purpose so it needs to be extendable/collapsible. This is a window washers pole that goes from 4ft to 8 ft.

Truck bed push pull pole IMG_3482_zpsjkhin1vu

Truck bed push pull pole IMG_3483_zpsjqbiylqq

Because It snows here in WI and the tonneau cover will need cleaning as will the bed of the truck so the head needs to be easily changed so the pole can have multiple uses.

Truck bed push pull pole IMG_3499_zpsttguv3ud

In the storage/collapsed mode it will act as a stop bar to keep things from sliding forward in the bed.

Truck bed push pull pole IMG_3498_zpsih6uwoui

Now because its so dark under the new cover, lighting is the next step.

A very short video of the pole in use.

DIY_guy
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down