PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selecting a non resident zone in Iowa

2 posters

Go down

Selecting a non resident zone in Iowa Empty Selecting a non resident zone in Iowa

Post by bowonly Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 pm

This is to anyone on the site that has hunted Iowa as a nonresident or even as a resident.  I am planning on travelling to Iowa for a 2 week hunt this fall, but am still a bit undecided as to which nonresident zone to put in for.  I know the most popular zones are 4 and 5 but with having only 3 preference points I feel I am not guaranteed to be selected.  So for that reason I have narrowed my choices down to Zones 3,6 or 9.  I have been doing online scouting via google maps and the Iowa DNR interactive map.  I have even been on a couple of Iowa deer hunting forums asking for opinions there.  I have gone so far as to email DNR agents in several counties to get their opinion.  So now I'd like to ask the members of this forum to give me the pros and cons of those zones to help me in my decision.  The experience I am looking for is to have a reasonable possibility of taking a 140" class buck.  Hunting pressure is a factor but compared to the pressure on public land here in Louisiana, I'm certain it will be minimal. Thank you for any insight you may have.

Last edited by bowonly on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change language)
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Selecting a non resident zone in Iowa Empty Re: Selecting a non resident zone in Iowa

Post by Ishi Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 pm

I only have experience in zone 6. I have never hunted public there and not had an opportunity at a 140. Good hunting

Ishi

Back to top Go down

Selecting a non resident zone in Iowa Empty Re: Selecting a non resident zone in Iowa

Post by bowonly Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:10 pm

I chose Zone 3 and was selected. Thank you for your input.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down