PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about hunting on windy days?

2 posters

Go down

What do you think about hunting on windy days? Empty What do you think about hunting on windy days?

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Just curious what everyone's opinion is. When I was younger my dad would always say hunting windy days was no good. But I have in fact killed some of my best bucks on windy days. I'm referring to about 25 mph wind, not 50 mph gale force or anything. But I have found on 20-25mph windy days, the thicker areas seem to have far more deer movement than any spot usually does even on a calm day. And it makes for great weather for a still hunt or stalk. I just thought of this topic because I'm about to head out to Manistee National Forest and it's blowing about 20 mph right now and I can't wait. I love hunting windy days cheers
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

What do you think about hunting on windy days? Empty Re: What do you think about hunting on windy days?

Post by SlowBow Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:28 pm

25 is a bit much, but I have seen lots of deer on windy days. I think it makes them a bit spooked, so they move around a bit, and they also don't catch you moving as much. I don't rule them out, but I have gotten down a few times, like when a poplar tree bigger than the one I was in snapped in half about 30 feet up the trunk in a gust, or when the oak tree I was in that I could feel grinding deep in the trunk snapped and cracked louder than a rifle going off as it bent to the wind. I was really worried I wasn't going to get back on the ground without a problem that time.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down