PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins

+2
Waiting4Fall
NanookOdaNorth
6 posters

Go down

Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins Empty Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins

Post by NanookOdaNorth Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 pm

I have a made a commitment to myself to simplify my hunting approach next year and for seasons to come. I will only be hunting with the absolute necessities...modeling my new style after the Native American Indians! With that said, I am interested in some reviews on lightweight boots or waterproof moccasins, and where I can get them. I have considered the Danner Jackal, but nobody carries them up my way, as far as I can find anyway, and I would like to try them for fit and comfort before I buy them.

Thanks for any and all help!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins Empty Re: Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins

Post by Waiting4Fall Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:21 pm

http://www.kenetrek.com/products.asp?dept=17

http://www.indianvillagemall.com/mocs/kneehigh.html

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins Empty Re: Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:32 pm

These are the ones I have for hunting dry land. They let you walk/sneak very quietly thru the woods. Very well made and comfortable, also very light weight so You can walk for miles.Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins Mybrownfringe

I will be ordering these soon...
Lightweight boots/waterproof moccassins Aafootskinbootban

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks Dave!

MG - how do their sizes run? I'm a 10.5, but I fit into a 10 sometimes depending on who makes the shoe! I'm thinking of ordering an 11 so that they fit comfy with a wool hunting sock.

Thanks again guys! What a great place to come to for information!

NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magicman Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:09 am

I wear russell mocs( custom boots) man they are pricy but are SOOOOO light and comfy!!!

Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:27 am

I go t a question are they pretty scent proof? Leather is a very pourous material just wondering.
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:19 pm

my buddy wears the russel boots, theyre high but there pretty awsome boots. Smile
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfshead Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 am

I know this is an older post but, it is a good one.
I am using the LL Bean Maine Hunting shoe.
Rubber sole and shoe, with a leather upper.
The sole is thin enough to have a "feel" under your feet, and flexible enough that they are pretty quite.
The rubber shoe tends to be scent proof, and I treat my uppers with Montana Pitch Blend, which is a combo of mink oil, beeswax, and pine pitch. Heard tell, that it does not bother deer...
Wolfshead
Wolfshead
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down