PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing arrows.

3 posters

Go down

Changing arrows. Empty Changing arrows.

Post by Boxerjake77 Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:02 am

I'm thinking of changing my arrows this year, looking for a tad more weight. With so many different brands, my head is spinning. I'm new to this and don't know much about where I want to be spine wise, and not understanding foc, and how that effects flight.

That said, I shoot a Bear Assault at 28 65. GT expedition hunters 5575 cut at 27 3/4, at 8.2gpi total around 373ish with 100g point.

I've only shot this brand arrow.

Any advice on bumping my arrow weight up and being spined correctly?

Boxerjake77

Back to top Go down

Changing arrows. Empty Re: Changing arrows.

Post by tankkvta Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:16 pm

on that arrow cut to 27 3/4 your foc is only at around 7% you need around 10% . Try a 145 head to bump it up or cut those arrows to 29 and go to 125 head. The more foc you have the better arrow flight and more punch down field.Your set up is stiff on spine. I run a 14% foc on a 65# recurve and blow throw everthing iv shot. Hope this helps..

tankkvta

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:01 pm

I shoot the Carbon Express Mutiny. They run 9.4 gr per inch. I have not problems with complete pass thrus.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down