PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Applies To EVERYONE Here

2 posters

Go down

This Applies To EVERYONE Here Empty This Applies To EVERYONE Here

Post by Waiting4Fall Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:13 am

http://www.mtbullypulpit.org/2012/03/get-in-arena.html
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

This Applies To EVERYONE Here Empty Re: This Applies To EVERYONE Here

Post by SlowBow Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:48 pm

Agreed. While this particular article might apply to Montana, the message applies to everyone everywhere. I've found the hardest part is to get hunters and fishermen to become politically active in the first place. Once active, they will usually remain that way, but that first step is a hard one to get most to take.Most hunters, by nature, simply want to be left alone to do their thing and don't get involved.

Many times it takes something shocking, like getting caught in the middle of an animal rights protest, or having a bill move forward in ones legislature that will end bowhunting,or trapping, something devastating. By then,much of the rhetoric and harm is already done,even if the measure is defeated.

I would urge ALL who read this to look into joining your local bowhunting organization, or finding out what group represents hunters in your area in regards to legislative aspects of hunting and/or fishing. It's usually a very small annual fee to join.Numbers alone do count. Saying you have ten members and your elected representative will say thanks for calling. Saying you have 10,000 members turns heads and they'll ask what your groups concerns are.

So you don't need to be active,just join. But I would recommend becoming active in a local group. Attend a few meetings, meet some other members.Attend the groups banquet. Help where and when you can.

I've had some great times volunteering for the Maryland Bowhunters Society, working a few booths at outdoor shows, doing roadside cleanups, and working Youth bow shooting events and the like. It is very rewarding, the camaraderie with other members lots of fun.

You'll also be the first to know when legislative issues arise. Don't be afraid to call and/or write your elected officials with your concerns. Contact them and introduce yourself. Let them know you vote, and keep an eye on legislation that affects your favorite pastimes, and that you will continue to do so.

Don't sit idly by on the sidelines and think that nobody will support the animal activists, or let others fight the battle for you. We all need to become involved or we WILL lose hunting,and fishing soon will follow.

SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum