PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stand and pack

+2
Uncle Bob
Arki
6 posters

Go down

Stand and pack Empty Stand and pack

Post by Arki Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:07 pm

How are do you carry your stand and pack into and out of the woods? I have been simply putting my stand over my pack but looking for something new. Right now im thinking a waist pack with shoulder straps and hopefully it will ride beneath the stand.

Arki

Back to top Go down

Stand and pack Empty Re: Stand and pack

Post by Uncle Bob Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:03 am

I usually put my pack on my stand. I got a web this year so now I don't know what I'm going to do. I've got plenty of time to figure it out though.
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:47 am

I typically have a waist pack and just turn it to where it's in front of me when I'm packing in with a stand on my back. This has worked for me for years.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:02 am

I was once in the same situation. You may find this of interst.

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 am

I use a medium Alice pack & just put my Loc-limit on top of my pack. If I need to carry extra clothes I just strap them to my stand. Using this method everything stays pretty close to my back, & the stand over the pack makes for quiet packing.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Arki Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks Dave. Im not sure why but Im a little hesitant of the web. I'v been looking at the LW and sticks for the stand and maybe a pack something along the lines of this one. I like the shoulder straps of the ALPS Pathfinder but it may be a little large for what I need.

Arki

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Cbigbears solution may be the ticket for you. I have used the external frame from an alice pack to strap my stand and then bag to. It is very comfortable and I have carried upwards of 100 lbs this way, not that you will be, but it has the capacity.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 pm

I am slowly pickin' my way to your set up Dave, gotta free my mind.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Arki wrote:Thanks Dave. Im not sure why but Im a little hesitant of the web. I'v been looking at the LW and sticks for the stand and maybe a pack something along the lines of this one. I like the shoulder straps of the ALPS Pathfinder but it may be a little large for what I need.

I had my doubts about the web at first, but after a lot of research I decide I'm going to order one. I sold both my Summit climbers last week & will be ordering a web soon. The web will be my all day stand & the Limit will be my run & gun stand. The only drawback I see to the web is you may have to be careful with tree selection.

LW makes top notch stuff. I have the sticks, but the stands are just a little too heavy for my liking.

I went with the Alice pack for three reasons price, comfort, & durability. I got the pack for $12 including shipping.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Arki Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:43 pm

I will rarely walk over a mile so the added weight of a stand isn't too bad. Hunting rivers out of a boat really helps to get away from the pressure. One of my concerns with the web is being caught faceing the wrong way, just seems like more chance for noise with contact to the tree. Many of the places I hunt are very thick and deer will often pop out of no where.

Arki

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Getting the angle to the tree right is important and if you are making quick shots, learning how to shoot like Dave did with the tennis balls in his vid may be the best bet. You could give Butch a call at Guido's Outdoors and he can talk you through possibilities. He also hunts Mississippi which is thick like yur sayin.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:00 am

I hope I can explain this right. If you take a short strap ( I have a 2 footer) and attach it to the left side carabiner of the web then through the carabiner on the tree then through the carabiner on the right side of the web you can almost spin completely around in the web. They call this a bridge. I'll take a picture when I get a chance to show you what I mean. Hope this helps.
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down