PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

WV Revises Deer Hunting Rules to Cut Population

Go down

WV Revises Deer Hunting Rules to Cut Population

Post by Waiting4Fall on Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm

http://www.wvnstv.com/story/17955912/evises-deer-hunting-rules-to-cut-population

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WV Revises Deer Hunting Rules to Cut Population

Post by SlowBow on Wed May 02, 2012 4:50 am

Trust me, this is not something you want. Pa decimated their herd with liberal doe tags, Maryland is running a close second. The urban deer problem is an access issue, not something that can be fixed by increasing bag limits. It ruins the hunting where allowed, and does nothing to thin the populations where you can not.

The best thing you can do right now is to start pushing for split bag limits, with lower limits on public hunting areas, before its too late. I was reviewing some data for western Maryland public hunting areas. This past year, in one western Maryland county that has over 13000 acres of public hunting land, only 543 deer were killed on all of it.Thats during a season that runs from September through January.

Hunters are complaining of hearing NO GUNFIRE in rifle counties on opening day of firearms season.

Fight this if possible.

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS: MARYLAND CHAPTER REPRESENTATIVE
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakespit on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 pm

I agree, I have seeing less and less deer in bow season now that the state of WV has opened doe season with the opening day of gun season, most of the farmers in my public land hunting area have jobs other than farming, It is more of a hobby to them, yet they want more and more deer killed, we need to restrict the number of does killed on WMA's even more.

Snakespit

Back to top Go down

Post by minnesota_muley on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 am

The same thing has happened in Iowa. They started this statewide and now, going from north to south, guys are seeing fewer and fewer deer as each year goes by. More liberal doe seasons only affect the more easily accessed land. The new antlerless limits will have no affect on the antlerless harvest on the stric access areas.

The same thing took place in Wisconsin 10 years ago, and now there are many places where guys don't see deer. Deer populations are trending downward in general, we don't need need the extra antlerless harvest to speed it up.

minnesota_muley
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:52 pm

we ok keeping this out of the 4 bow only counties ?!

here in NC all extra doe tags must be used on private land

I don't want ANY gun days injected into bow seasons no matter what the excuse is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down